These mini pumpkin donuts muffins are fluffy, light and adorable. They are baked in a mini muffin pan but taste like old fashioned donuts with a pumpkin twist.
One of the desserts I made for my house party last week were these mini pumpkin donut muffins. I had made cookies the night before, but the morning of, I suddenly felt the urge to add another dessert. After posting so many sweets on my blog, I couldn’t imagine having people over without some variety of desserts. I’ve made sugar donut muffins before and thought a pumpkin version would work well.
Luckily I was able to get these made and the dishes washed before my guests arrived. These pumpkin donut muffins are perfect for Fall and they are really easy to make. One bowl and no mixer needed.
You can dip them in a simple cinnamon sugar mix, though I think the bald ones look equally cute!
Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin pan with pam spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg. Add in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined. Then mix in pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Mix with a large whisk until batter is almost completely smooth. Spoon in batter to muffin pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let muffins cool before coating with cinnamon sugar.
- For the coating, in a Ziploc bag, combine 2/3 cup white sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Toss donuts in the mixture before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.