I’ve been on the search lately for M&M cookies. And I mean real m&m cookies, and not just chocolate chip cookies with m&m’s added. Not that I mind those type of cookies. I make them all the time. But I wanted true m&m cookies like the kind that I used to get at the cafeteria. The ones that are super sweet, buttery and chewy and topped with m&ms.
While browsing through recipes, I came across a recipe for Perfect M & M cookies. And suddenly my search was over. These cookies were perfect. The dough was slightly crispy on the outside and chewy and sweet on the inside. The m&m’s look so pretty and festive on top.
If you like cookies, you may want to enter my Day 4 of giveaways, where I’m giving away some delicious and awesome cookie creations from The Cravory. You can also still enter Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3! And check back the next few days because I’m doing 12 days of giveaways!
These cookies were gone in a flash. I left some at home and I gave some to BF to bring to his coworkers. And they were all eaten up.
The recipe can be found here. I followed the recipe exactly although I will note that the recipe suggests refrigerating the dough, which I did not do. The dough wasn’t too sticky. It was very oily, but it was pretty easy to work with.
M&M Holiday Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 11-oz, stir the flour first to aerate it before lightly spooning it into a measuring cup.
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar golden or dark
- 1 generous tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- M&Ms for decorating the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with baking spray.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars together until creamy. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture, mixing thoroughly after each. Add the flour to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Break off enough dough to form a golf ball-sized ball. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheets with space in between as the cookies will spread as they bake.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. Remove them from the oven and gently press a few M&Ms into each cookie (about 6 each). Place them bake in the oven and bake them for another three to five minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.