- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 11-oz, stir the flour first to aerate it before lightly spooning it into a measuring cup.
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar golden or dark
- 1 generous tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- M&Ms for decorating the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with baking spray.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars together until creamy. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture, mixing thoroughly after each. Add the flour to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Break off enough dough to form a golf ball-sized ball. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheets with space in between as the cookies will spread as they bake.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. Remove them from the oven and gently press a few M&Ms into each cookie (about 6 each). Place them bake in the oven and bake them for another three to five minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe source: Kitchen Parade