This Oreo no bake cheese cake is made with yogurt instead of heavy cream. It’s lighter and a little healthier but still tastes great. Plus, it takes less than 30 minutes to make! The Greek yogurt cheesecake is a cool and creamy summer dessert.
I’ve been a little obsessed with the no bake desserts lately because they are so easy and perfect for summer. Recently, I made this Oreo cheesecake. It’s creamy and cold. Perfect for the warm weather we’ve been experiencing.
- This no bake cheesecake is a little lighter than others because I added some Greek yogurt to the cream cheese mixture. It also doesn’t have any heavy cream. Because of that, it’s not as solid as my other no bake cheesecake, but it’s just as good and a little healthier.
- The crust is an Oreo cookie crust. You don’t have to prebake it – just mix and press it into the pan.
- The whole thing only takes 20 minutes to make. Then you just leave it in the refrigerator until it’s cold and set.
Since I made this for just more and Mr. K. I left the top plain, but you can decorate it with crushed cookies or whipped cream if you are making it for a party.
- Oreos – you will need them for the crust and filling
- Melted butter – for the crust
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Low fat plain Greek yogurt
Line the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper. This will make it easy to remove the cake when it’s done.
Place 13 Oreos in a food processor and blend them until they are finely crushed. Add the melted butter and process again until combined. Press the mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
For the filling, mix the cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar in a stand mixer at high speed. Once it’s smooth and fluffy add in the rest of the cookies. Mix on low speed until the cookies are crushed and mixed evenly into the batter.
Pour the batter over the crust and then lightly rap the bottom of the pan on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles. Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight.
We really enjoyed this Greek yogurt cheesecake – I didn’t miss the heavy cream at all. It’s definitely a good option if you want a creamy cool dessert on a hot day.
More Summer Desserts
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 13 oreos
- 4 tbsp melted butter
For the Cheesecake
- 6 Oreos
- 2 (8-oz) boxes cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat plain Greek yogurt (see note)
- Line the bottom of a 6 inch springform pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the cheesecake after it is done. Crush the 13 Oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and mix again through food processor. Pour into cake pan and press down firmly so that the crust evenly lines the bottom of the cake pan.
- Mix cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar in stand mixer on high speed until smooth and fluffy. Add in Oreos and mix in at low speed until Oreos are crushed and evenly mixed in batter. Pour batter into cake pan on top of crust. Rap bottom of the cake pan on hard surface a few times until cheesecake mixture settles and top is smooth. Refrigerate overnight.
- If you want a very solid cheesecake, use heavy cream instead of low-fat yogurt and beat heavy cream separately first until stiff peaks form and then beat with sugar and cream cheese.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.