Creamy, sweet, homemade avocado flavored ice cream that can be made without an ice cream maker. It’s just 3 ingredients and eggless!
I am so excited about this ice cream recipe. I tasted avocado ice cream a few years ago and fell in love with the flavor.
While avocado is not usually associated with sweets, it actually tastes delicious when sweetened for smoothies, ice cream and popsicles like my Avocado Coconut Ice Pops.
This recipe sticks to the basic no-churn base I’ve been using. You always have to be careful about adding other ingredients because it can cause the ice cream base to get icy. But the nice thing about avocado is that it’s rich and creamy, so it doesn’t make the ice cream icy at all.
Because avocado isn’t sweet on its own, it makes the ice cream a little less sweet, which is perfect for those who prefer less sweet desserts. For me, it means I can eat a bigger bowl before I feel sugared out.
After I make the ice cream, I store it in these pint containers* to save space in my freezer. They also are great for gifting.
*Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
No Churn Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large/extra large ripe avocado peeled and seed removed
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- In a blender, add avocado and condensed milk. Mix on high speed until smooth and no avocado chunks remain. Pour avocado mixture into a large bowl.
- In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add cold heavy cream. Whip on high speed with wire whisk attachment until cream become stiff peaks.
- Add in 1/3 of the whipped cream to the avocado bowl. Gently fold in the whipped cream until no white streaks remain, but careful not to mix too hard as you want to maintain the air that was whipped in. Repeat with another 1/3 of whipped cream and again with the final 1/3. Pour mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf baking pan. Freeze overnight until solid.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.