Crispy Nutella cookies are easy to make with just six ingredients. The outside is super thin and crispy and the inside has a chewy texture like caramel.
Have you ever made a recipe that comes out looking like crap but tastes really good? I had that experience with these cookies. After making flourless peanut butter cookies, I wondered if I could apply the same easy recipe with Nutella.
Well, my first batch was a complete mess. Nutella spreads a lot more than peanut butter and the cookies all blended together into one giant sheet. They were an ugly mess. Yet addicting when I broke off a piece. The outside was super thin and crispy. The inside was chewy, almost like a hardened caramel. Not quite the texture of your average cookie. But they tasted really yummy.
So, I set about trying to correct the recipe. I’m sure there is a way to make a good flourless Nutella cookie, but so far, all the flourless cookie recipes I’ve come across require whipping egg whites and I wanted something easy. I also wanted to somehow preserve the intense Nutella flavor and not make the cookie doughy.
I added a little tiny bit of flour at a time until I finally made a version where the cookies baked as round cookies rather than one melted mess.
6-Ingredient Crispy Cookies
This is an easy one-bowl recipe and you only need a few ingredients:
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Them
Mix the Nutella, brown sugar, baking soda, egg, and flour in a mixing bowl until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be sticky and wet.
I like to scoop a ½ tablespoon of the dough for each cookie. Because they spread a lot while they bake, be sure to space them three inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for nine to ten minutes. Keep an eye on them because you don’t want them to overbake. If they are overbaked, they will be hard instead of chewy in the center.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheet until they’re set.
If you love really crispy cookies you should definitely give these a try. They have a different texture than your average cookie and are really good.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Eggless Nutella Cookies
- 2-Ingredient Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Midnight Cookies
Nutella Cookie Crisps
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix everything except chocolate chips in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Batter will be sticky and wet.
- Scoop 1/2 tablespoon dough and place onto cookie sheet, space about 3 inches apart. Make sure to keep the cookie balls very small as they will spread a lot when baking.
- Bake cookies about 9-10 minutes. Careful not to overbake or else cookies become more hard than chewy. Leave cookies on sheet to cool and set.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.