I’ve been continuing to play around with cooking desserts in my waffle maker. The pumpkin waffle cookies were pretty successful, but I like these Nutella waffle cakes even more.
I used the batter previously used to make Nutella cupcakes because it’s so easy to mix together. Only three ingredients! Then I poured the batter into my waffle maker and hoped for the best. These tasted exactly like the mini Nutella cakes. Except in a cool waffle form.
Previous waffled desserts I made had a different texture from the original, but these cakes stayed the same. The cakes are a little delicate so you have to be careful when removing them from the waffle maker. I actually fiddled around with the recipe and made a version that was a little more light and sturdy but that just took away from the intense Nutella flavor.
These were really fun and yummy. I’d definitely make them again.
More Nutella Treats
Nutella Waffle Cakes
- 1 cup Nutella spread
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat waffle maker. Grease with pam spray.
- Mix all ingredients with a whisk in a large bowl.
- Spoon some of the batter into waffle maker.
- Check on waffles after 1 minute. When waffles are ready they won't stick to waffle maker. Mine took between 1-2 minutes to cook. Remove gently with help of fork.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.