I’ve been continuing to play around with cooking desserts in my waffle maker. The pumpkin waffle cookies were pretty successful, but I like these Nutella waffle cakes even more.
I used the batter previously used to make mini Nutella cakes because it’s so easy to mix together. Only three ingredients! Then I poured the batter into my waffle maker and hoped for the best. These tasted exactly like the mini Nutella cakes. Except in a cool waffle form.
Previous waffled desserts I made had a different texture from the original, but these cakes stayed the same. The cakes are a little delicate so you have to be careful when removing them from the waffle maker. I actually fiddled around with the recipe and made a version that was a little more light and sturdy but that just took away from the intense Nutella flavor.
These were really fun and yummy. I’d definitely make them again.
Nutella Waffle Cakes
- 1 cup Nutella spread
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat waffle maker. Grease with pam spray.
- Mix all ingredients with a whisk in a large bowl.
- Spoon some of the batter into waffle maker.
- Check on waffles after 1 minute. When waffles are ready they won't stick to waffle maker. Mine took between 1-2 minutes to cook. Remove gently with help of fork.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.