These fudgy paleo flourless brownies are easy to make and require just one bowl and no mixer. The batter is ready in minutes and you can have fudgy chewy brownies ready in less than 30 minutes.
I’ve spent the last few weeks sharing some paleo mug cake recipes. Recently, I decided to experiment with paleo brownies.
These taste just like regular brownies but are healthier. They are wheat flour free and refined sugar free, but you won’t even be able to tell the difference. I couldn’t believe how easy and delicious these came out and I’ll definitely be making them again.
- Make sure to use natural almond butter. We’re talking the drippy, thin kind. If you use the thicker, processed version, your batter will be too dry.
- The batter is very thick. You will need to even it out because it does not spread much during baking.
- The brownies have a slightly chewy exterior and a fudgy interior. If you underbake them a few minutes, the interior will be even more fudgy.
One Bowl Fudgy Paleo Brownies
- 1 cup creamy natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the interior of an 8 inch x 8 inch square baking pan. Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until batter is smooth. Batter will be quite thick.
- Scoop batter into greased baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across your pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake brownies for about 18 minutes. The surface should look cooked but the middle will still be soft and not yet set. Allow brownies to cool and set before cutting and serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.