This one pot pasta has a creamy tomato sauce. You won’t believe how simple it is. Another perfect weeknight dinner meal.
I’m still obsessed with one pot pastas. This latest rendition is my favorite yet. There’s ground meat and a creamy tomato sauce. If you recall the first one pot pasta I made, I thought the sauce was a little too simplistic. I wanted something saucier and this is definitely it.
I did add one little extra step, cooking the ground turkey first before adding everything into the pot to cook, but it’s still super easy.
The homemade sauce is super simple. Just add crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, and broth. This is definitely going to be my new “go to” weeknight meal.
Here are the other one pot pastas I’ve made:
One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 10 oz uncooked pasta
- 1 (14-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- fresh basil optional, for garnish
- Brown turkey in large pot. If there is excess oil, drain out. Add pasta, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream and pepper flakes (if desired).
- Bring pot to a boil, stirring to mix all ingredients. Keep lid partially on and cook at a medium boil for about 10 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally.
- When pasta is about finished, remove lid and let pasta continue to cook for about another 5 minutes, letting the sauce thicken and most of the liquid evaporate. (Make sure to watch pasta and don't let all the liquid completely evaporate.) Garnish with fresh basil if desired before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.