This one pot pasta has a creamy tomato sauce. You won’t believe how simple it is. Another perfect weeknight dinner meal.
I’m still obsessed with one pot pastas. This latest rendition is my favorite yet. There’s ground meat and a creamy tomato sauce. If you recall the first one pot pasta I made, I thought the sauce was a little too simplistic. I wanted something saucier and this is definitely it.
I did add one little extra step, cooking the ground turkey first before adding everything into the pot to cook, but it’s still super easy.
The homemade sauce is super simple. Just add crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, and broth. This is definitely going to be my new “go to” weeknight meal.
More One Pot Pasta Recipes
One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 10 oz uncooked pasta
- 1 (14-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- fresh basil optional, for garnish
- Brown turkey in large pot. If there is excess oil, drain out. Add pasta, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream and pepper flakes (if desired).
- Bring pot to a boil, stirring to mix all ingredients. Keep lid partially on and cook at a medium boil for about 10 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally.
- When pasta is about finished, remove lid and let pasta continue to cook for about another 5 minutes, letting the sauce thicken and most of the liquid evaporate. (Make sure to watch pasta and don't let all the liquid completely evaporate.) Garnish with fresh basil if desired before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Easy and delicious looking! And one pot? YES! I hate dishes, so this is perfect for me. I am craving for some of these pasta now.
its so easy to make and so little clean-up!
Funny story in response to reading this post:
Me (to S): Hey, so Kirbie’s been making all these one-pot pastas where instead of cooking the pasta separately in water, you just add the pasta to the sauce and let it cook in that!
S: Oh… I always thought that’s how all pastas are cooked.
Lol! I’m pretty sure Mr. K thinks the same thing…
Adding the ground meat is a good idea! I like your use of the cream with the broth, that adds a lot of extra good flavor.
Yes, the cream made the sauce so much more delicious!