These brownies are stuffed with Oreo cookies in the middle, for a fun surprise when your guests bite in. They are an easy and fun dessert to make for your family and friends.
I’ve made a lot of brownies like my One-Bowl Brownies and Tiramisu Brownies and I love making “stuffed” desserts (as a result of the craze for stuffing desserts which was first thought up by the ingenious Picky Palate). So, I guess it was only a matter of time before I made Oreo brownies which are brownies stuffed with one of my favorite cookies.
The hardest part of this recipe is not eating all of the Oreos while making them! That’s a tall order for me, but luckily these brownies are pretty easy to make so I managed to get the batter in the pan before all of the Oreos disappeared.
Ingredients for Oreo Brownies
- All-purpose flour
- Dark cocoa powder
- Chopped dark chocolate
- Instant espresso powder
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
Oreo Brownie Batter
- Whisk the flour, salt and cocoa powder together in a bowl.
- Melt the chopped chocolate, butter, and espresso powder together in a double-boiler. A double-boiler is just a bowl set on top of a pan with simmering water. Stir until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- Turn off the heat and add the granulated and light brown sugar and stir until the sugars have dissolved. Remove the bowl from the pan and cool the mixture to room temperature.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cooled, add three eggs and whisk until combined. Add the other two eggs and whisk until combined.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the wet ones. Using a spatula (not a whisk!) gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones until there is just a trace of amount of the flour mixture visible. Be careful to not overmix the batter at this stage otherwise your brownies may come out with a cakey texture.
How to Make Oreo Brownies
Pour half of the brownie batter into a prepared baking dish. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula.
Place the Oreos in a single layer on top of the batter. Fit as many Oreos as you can, covering all of the batter.
Pour the rest of the batter over the top of the Oreos and smooth the top with the spatula.
Bake the brownies for 30 minutes at 350°F, rotating the pan halfway through the bake time.
Cool the brownies completely before slicing and serving.
I love how the brownies have a surprise Oreo baked inside. These Oreo brownies didn’t last long at our house!
Oreo Stuffed Brownies
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 11 oz quality dark chocolate 60-72%, chopped coarsely
- 8 oz butter 2 sticks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the sides and bottom of a glass or light colored metal pan 9x13x2 pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, the salt, and cocoa powder.
- Configure a large sized double boiler. Place the chocolate, the butter, and the instant espresso powder in the bowl of the double boiler and stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and combined. Turn off the heat, but keep the bowl over the water of the double boiler and add both sugars. Whisk the sugars until completely combined and remove the bowl from the pan. Mixture should be room temperature.
- Add three eggs to the chocolate/butter mixture and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until just combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Do not over beat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour/cocoa/salt mix over the chocolate. Using a spatula (DO NOT USE A WHISK) fold the dry into the wet until there is just a trace amount of the flour/cocoa mix visible.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan and smooth the top with your spatula. Place the Oreos on top fitting as many as you can. Pour the rest of the batter over the top and smooth the surface.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes (rotate the pan half-way through baking) and check to make sure the brownies are completely done by sticking a toothpick in. The brownies are done when the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool the brownies completely before cutting. I like to cut pieces so that each has an Oreo inside.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.