These chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with PEEPS®, creating a deliciously gooey, melted marshmallow center in each cookie.
Just in time for Easter, there is a new PEEPS® cookbook, Peeps-a-licious!* And yours truly is a contributor to the book. The book features 50 PEEPS® inspired recipes contributed by several bloggers and Just Born, the makers of PEEPS®.
I contributed six recipes, including the Peeps cookies I’m sharing today, and photos to the cookbook, so I’m really excited to see it finally come together.
I had so much fun contributing to this cookbook. First of all, I got to eat so many PEEPS®! I had no idea the number of PEEPS® variations out there. I mean I’ve eaten all the standard ones and a few limited-edition ones, but I didn’t know that there are also birthday cake flavored ones, snowman-shaped ones, and more.
Because I was working on so many different holiday and seasonal variations, the photo room in my house became this ever-changing space. One day it would be Christmas in there, another day it was July 4th, another day it was Valentine’s Day, etc.
Even though I have my own cookbook, it’s still such a thrill to see my name in another cookbook and to see my photos too! Flipping through the book, I couldn’t stop squealing at some of the images and recipes my fellow bloggers came up with.
Like these PEEPS® Rainbow Sushi
Or these PEEPS® Party Cupcake Cones
These PEEPS® Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies is one of the recipes I contributed to the book. PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Chicks Dipped in Milk Chocolate were my favorite new PEEPS® discovery. I love the extra milk chocolate coating and it helps create a deliciously melted chocolate center in these cookies.
- Softened unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Chicks Dipped in Milk Chocolate
How to Make Peeps Cookies
The cookies are a simple chocolate chip cookie dough that you will first mix together. Once the dough is made, you can stuff the dough balls with the PEEPS.
First, halve each PEEP so you have two pieces. Take 1 ½ tablespoon of dough and flatten it into a disc with your hands. Place one piece of a PEEP in the middle. Scoop another ball of dough and place it on top of the PEEP. Smooth the dough so the PEEP is completely encased inside. Repeat this process with the rest of the dough.
Bake the cookies until they are golden brown around the edges and set in the middle. Cool them on a baking rack before serving.
When you pull the cookies apart you see all of the ooey-gooey chocolate filling from the PEEPS. I just love how they turned out and it’s so fun to see them in the cookbook.
here are so many fun recipes in the book – I hope you check it out! The book is available on Amazon*.
More Fun Easter Recipes
- PEEPS Candy Cane Chocolate Cookies
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Covered PEEPS
- Easter Mug Cake
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
PEEPS® Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 PEEPS Chocolate Mousse Chicks Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and mix until batter is smooth.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on lowest speed until smooth dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a sharp knife, cut PEEPS® Chicks into 2 pieces, head and body.
- Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out a ball of dough and gently flatten into a disc. Place a PEEPS® Chick half in the middle. Scoop out another ball of dough with your cookie scoop and place on top of the PEEPS®. Smooth the dough over the PEEPS® until PEEPS® is completely sealed inside dough ball. Repeat with remaining dough. You should have enough to make 12 cookies.
- Space stuffed cookie dough balls at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges and completely cooked. Let cookies cool before eating.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I have this cookbook and this is my favorite recipe from it. Even my kids request them!!
Aww, I’m so happy to hear that! I love that you have the cookbook!