I’m not too big of a fan of pop tarts. I find them to be too sweet. Savory pop tarts, on the other hand, sounds delicious.
They are easy to make your own and you can personalize with flavors of your choice.
So of course I tried one with mini pepperonis and cheese. It was like eating in a pop tart form. And I love how mini pepperoni look.
I used ready made pie crust to make this even easier. I like these homemade ones much better than the store bought ones.
Pepperoni Pop Tarts
- 1 package premade pie crust
- mini pepperoni for filling
- shredded mozzarella cheese for filling
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Roll out pie crust and cut rectangles 3 x 4 inches. Take one rectangle and place a small amount of cheese and pepperoni. Make sure to leave at least 1/2 inch perimeter. Place another rectangle on top. Seal by pressing the back of fork tongs, making indents on all sides of the rectangles. Repeat with remaining rectangles.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.