When you’re craving pizza but don’t want to deal with a regular pizza, this pizza bread is a great way to satisfy your craving. It’s a savory quick bread flavored with cheese and pepperoni that is so simple to make. Just mix the batter, pour it into a pan and bake it.
I think it’s fun to come up with new ways to enjoy the flavors of pizza without having to actually make a pizza (or order one for delivery!). After I made my pepperoni pizza puffs, I was curious about making pizza bread. I wondered if I could use the same batter but doubled it and use a loaf pan to make a loaf of bread instead of puffs.
Just like the pizza puffs, this pizza bread was easy to make. It has all the flavors of pizza but is so much easier to make.
This savory bread is made the same way you make banana bread or zucchini bread, but instead of sweet it’s made with savory ingredients like cheddar cheese and pepperoni. There’s a reason they call them “quick breads” because they’re so easy to make.
What ingredients do I need for pizza bread?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Skim milk
- Italian seasoning
How do I make pizza bread?
- Make the batter: combine the flour, baking powder, milk and eggs in a mixing bowl. There shouldn’t be any lumps of flour once you’ve mixed it. Add the cheese and pepperoni and stir. Pour the batter into a greased 9×5” loaf pan.
- Bake the pizza bread: bake the bread for 30 to 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
I like to serve the bread warm, so I let it cool for a few minutes and then slice it. I did notice that while the bread was baking it was nice and puffy, but it deflated a bit when it cooled. So, it’s a little denser than the puffs I made before but it still tastes delicious.
I normally have all the ingredients for this pizza bread on hand, so I know I’ll be making it again because it’s so easy.
Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pepperoni chopped
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg until batter is lump-free. Stir in cheese and pepperoni bites Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.