If you love pizza and French fries you will love pizza fries. You can use homemade French fries or frozen ones – top them with your favorite toppings for a cheesy delicious appetizer snack for parties or game-day get-togethers.
After I saw a picture of pizza fries on This is Why You’re Fat, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I love pizza and I love French fries and combining the two just sounded so good to me. I always like to try new snacks for parties and game-days and it sounded like the perfect recipe to try.
What are Pizza Fries?
They are just what they sound like: French fries topped with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings. It’s a combination of two of my favorite foods and I love the crispy fries with all the pizza flavors. They are cheesy and delicious.
For this recipe, you can make homemade French fries or you can use frozen French fries.
- Homemade French fries: I have an easy way to make French fries and the extra time to make them is worth the effort. In fact, in the time it takes to bake a batch of frozen fries you can make homemade ones.
- Frozen French fries: If you don’t like to fry you can also use your favorite frozen French fries for this recipe. Just pick your favorite brand and bake them following the package instructions before making your pizza fries.
How to Make Pizza Fries
Once you’ve made your French fries you can assemble the pizza fries. I did a pepperoni pizza version:
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- Mini pepperoni or regular sliced pepperoni cut into quarter
Place the French fries in baking dish or on a sheet pan. It’s better if they’re not all on top of each other so they each get some of the toppings.
Sprinkle half of the cheese over the top of the French fries. Spoon the sauce over the cheese followed by the rest of the cheese. Top the cheese with the pepperoni.
Bake the fries for 5 to 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
I love pepperoni, but you can use a lot of different toppings. Depending on the toppings you like you may want to precook them first, so I’ve indicated that in this list.
- Crumbled cooked sausage, shredded cooked chicken, diced ham, and cooked ground beef are some different kinds of meat toppings you can try.
- I love mozzarella cheese, but you could also do provolone, cheddar, Monterey jack or a combination of any of these. Sprinkling some grated Parmesan over the fries before baking them would be delicious, too.
- For easy vegetable toppings, try adding black olives, finely diced onion or finely chopped bell pepper.
- I think mushrooms would work really well, too, but you would want to precook them first.
If you like this recipe you might like my other pizza French fries recipe with “fries” made with pizza dough.
- 1 batch homemade French fries (or frozen fries, see note)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 10 mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the cooked French fries in a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the top of the fries. Top with the marinara sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the sauce and top with the pepperoni.
- Heat in oven at 350°F for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.