Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 1/2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce either your favorite or scoop out from the package of pulled pork
- 1 package Tony Roma’s Tender & Juicy Pulled Pork- Kansas City Sweet Hickory
- Heat pulled pork according to box instructions.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil on stove. Add in elbow macaroni and cook until al dente. Turn off heat and drain water from pasta, keeping pasta in the pot and placing it back onto the stove.
- In a separate small saucepan, add butter and flour over low heat on the stove. Stir constantly until butter is melted and mixed with the flour. Add in milk, mustard, cayenne and BBQ sauce. Whisk until smooth and no flour lumps remain. Add in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, and whisk until melted and smooth after each addition. Sauce should be thick, smooth and cheesy. Turn off heat. Pour sauce into pot that contains the cooked macaroni and stir until pasta is evenly coated. Pour pasta into a serving dish and top with pulled pork. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
What’s your favorite low-stress lunch recipe? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/17/2016 – 12/31/2016