For the Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Coating
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- In a large bowl cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the white sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin and beat until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and stir to combine. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all of the ingredients are combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients in small batches to the butter mixture and stir to combine before adding more. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to allow it to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the coating.
Scoop approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. You can also use a medium-sized cookie scoop. Roll the dough into balls and then roll each ball in the coating. Place the dough balls two inches apart on the cookie sheets. Flatten the cookies with the bottom of a glass that’s been dipped in the sugar mixture.
Bake the cookies for 10 to 14 minutes or until they are slightly firm. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to baking racks to cool completely. Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container.
Recipe source: Recipe Girl