- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 tbsp (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- sprinkles for decorating
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs, until combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined. Refrigerate dough for about an hour.
Heat oven to 350°F. Using palms, roll 1 tablespoon of dough at a time into balls, then dips tops of balls into sprinkles. Place balls on baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies about 10-12 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a baking rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Lovin' from the Oven