White chocolate covered pretzels are flavored with pumpkin spice giving them a fall twist. The salty pretzel with white chocolate is a delicious combination. Package them in cute bags for a sweet fall gift for friends and family.
I saw pumpkin spice chocolate covered pretzels while shopping the other weekend and was inspired to make my own. Chocolate-dipped pretzels are pretty easy to make and I loved the idea of giving them a fall-twist with pumpkin spice mixed into the melted white chocolate
I’ve been making a lot of pumpkin recipes lately and it was fun to make these pumpkin spice white chocolate covered pretzels. Like my pumpkin cheesecake chocolate cups, they’re great for gifting. Except, they don’t actually have any pumpkin puree – instead they are just flavored with pumpkin spices.
White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
One reason I didn’t buy the pretzels I saw while I was shopping is that they were bright orange in color, which didn’t appeal to me. I thought they’d be prettier if they were light orange in color. You can’t tell in the pictures, but the ones I made had the prettiest light creamsicle color from just a small amount of food coloring. Here are the ingredients you need to make them:
- Small pretzels
- Melted white chocolate
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Red and yellow food coloring
All you do is mix the melted white chocolate with the pumpkin pie spice and then add the food coloring. I only added a small amount of each color to create a light-orange hue although you can make them as orange as you like. Just start with a small amount because you can always add more coloring, but you can’t take it out if you add too much.
To make it less messy, I only dipped half of each pretzel in the melted chocolate. I love how they look with the smooth white chocolate coating and part of the salty pretzel exposed.
Once you’ve dipped all of the pretzels just place them in the freezer until the chocolate firms up.
I love the flavor combination – the salty pretzel is great with the sweet white chocolate and the pumpkin spice gives them a warm fall flavor.
We made a big batch of these pumpkin spice chocolate covered pretzels and packaged them in bags with ribbons to give to friends. We, of course, ate a lot of them ourselves, too!
If you’re looking for a fun fall kitchen project you should definitely give these pretzels a try. For more pumpkin recipe ideas, be sure to check out my round-up that has all of my favorite sweet and savory pumpkin recipes.
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Melt chocolate in glass bowl in microwave for about 40 seconds and then stir with a spoon. If chocolate is not completely melted and smooth place back in microwave for another 20 seconds. Take out and mix. Repeat if still not smooth. You can also melt chocolate in double boiler on stove.
- Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth stir in pumpkin pie spice. Add in a few drops of red and yellow food coloring to make orange to the shade you desire.
- Spread parchment paper on a baking sheet. Take pretzel and dip halfway into the melted chocolate. Wave the pretzel lightly back and forth so that the excess chocolate comes off. Gently lay on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Place baking sheet for a few hours in freezer to firm up the chocolate.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.