Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken
Garlic Herb Butter Chicken with green beans is cooked on a single sheet pan in the oven for an easy weeknight meal with minimal clean-up.
I have a garlic butter chicken skillet dish that my family really loves (I will need to share the recipe soon), which inspired me to create a healthier sheet pan version. I reduced the amount of butter, but you still get that garlic butter flavor.
Garlic Butter Sauce
To lighten this up, I reduced the butter and added chicken broth, keeping the dish flavorful but also reducing calories and fat.
The herbs can be a blend of any you like. I used fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano and parsley for this one. Mixing and changing herbs can change the flavor of this dish, allowing you to create different variations.
You can also switch out the green beans for other vegetables, but I personally love green beans since they still stay crisp in the oven.
Keeping with the healthier theme, I used chicken breast fillets. If you want a juicier chicken, boneless chicken thighs work well for this dish as well. If you are using full chicken breasts, I do recommend that you slice them in half lengthwise to cut the thickness in half, making them easier to cook and preventing them from becoming dry.
It’s the start of another long and busy week, so I plan on making this and a few of my other sheet pan meals.
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Chicken
- 4 (5 oz) chicken breast fillets
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp fresh herbs, finely chopped (see note)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- additional finely chopped herbs (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet pan with cooking oil spray. Place chicken onto sheet pan, making sure not to overlap any of the chicken pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, butter, broth and herbs. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour half of the garlic butter mixture over chicken. Place sheet pan into the oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and add green beans. Pour remaining garlic butter sauce over green beans. Then spoon some of the the garlic butter sauce that is pooling inside the sheet pan over chicken and green beans so that everything is covered in some garlic butter sauce.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done and beans are almost cooked. Flip chicken back over. Switch oven to low broil setting and cook for approximately 5 more minutes, allowing the surface of the chicken to crisp and brown slightly and letting the beans finish cooking.
- Remove sheet pan from oven. Some of the garlic butter sauce should have browned onto the sheet pan. Use a basting brush to mix any remaining liquid with the browned areas to create a uniform brown sauce. (If you have no more liquid in your sheet pan you can add about 2 tbsp of chicken broth to the browned parts.) Brush the tops of the chicken breasts with the sauce. Garnish with additional herbs if desired. Serve warm.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!