This one pot creamy lemon chicken pasta is an easy weeknight meal. You only need six ingredients to make it, and everything, including the pasta, cooks together for easy clean-up.
I’m still obsessed with one pot pasta meals. My latest creation is this creamy lemon chicken pasta. It’s made with fresh lemons so the sauce has lots of flavor.
I’ve enjoyed coming up with one pot pasta recipes. I love that you can cook the protein and pasta in one pan with the creamy lemon sauce so it’s easy to clean up.
This creamy lemon chicken pasta is just like my Alfredo sauce with pasta recipe. Because you only need one pot, the prep time is quick. Everything is ready in about 30 minutes. You don’t have to boil and drain the pasta – it cooks right in the sauce.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- Uncooked penne
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
Lightly coat a pot with cooking spray. Place the chicken in it and cook it until it’s browned.
Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and bring the pot to a boil. Partially cover the pot with a lid and boil for about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir it occasionally, so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
When pasta is almost done cooking, remove the lid and cook it for another 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired before serving.
I have only tested this recipe with penne. Other pasta shapes have different cooking times, so the cooking time will vary if you use a different kind, and the recipe may not work the same.
Don’t leave the pot while the pasta is cooking. It’s important to check on it and stir so the penne doesn’t clump up or stick to the pot.
I like this dish with chicken breasts, but you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
You can add fresh herbs or minced garlic cloves to the sauce if you want to add more flavors. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese over the top before serving it.
This dish is best when it’s made. You can save leftovers, but the pasta will absorb the lemon cream sauce as it sits, and when you reheat it, it won’t be as creamy.
I love that you can really taste the lemon flavor in this dish, giving it a light and refreshing feel. We recently purchased a Meyer lemon tree, and I can’t wait for it to start producing lemons as I love adding a little lemon juice and zest to my dishes.
This chicken pasta dish is not the prettiest to look at, but it’s simple and tasty, making for an easy meal that is great for weeknight dinners. It’s definitely a keeper and I’ll be making it again.
More Recipes to Try
- Keto Noodles with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Low Carb Skillet Lasagna
- One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta
One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (see note)
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Lightly spray large cooking pot with oil. Add chicken and brown chicken in the pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Bring pot to a boil, stirring to mix all ingredients. Keep lid partially open and cook at a medium boil for about 10-15 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally so that pasta does not stick to the bottom of your pot.
- When pasta is about finished, remove lid and let pasta continue to cook for about another 2-3 minutes, letting the sauce thicken and most of the liquid evaporate. (Make sure to watch pasta and don't let all the sauce completely evaporate.) Garnish with fresh parsley if desired before serving.
- You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.