This one pot creamy lemon chicken pasta is an easy weeknight meal. Just like my Alfredo pasta recipe everything is made in one pot and ready in about 30 minutes.
I’m still obsessed with one pot pasta meals. My latest creation is this creamy lemon chicken pasta.
I love that you can really taste the lemon in this dish, giving it a light and refreshing feel. We recently purchased a meyer lemon tree and I can’t wait for it to start producing lemons as I love adding a little lemon juice and zest to my dishes.
It’s not the prettiest looking dish, but it’s simple and tasty, making for an easy meal.
One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (see note)
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Lightly spray large cooking pot with oil. Add chicken and brown chicken in the pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Bring pot to a boil, stirring to mix all ingredients. Keep lid partially open and cook at a medium boil for about 10-15 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally so that pasta does not stick to the bottom of your pot.
- When pasta is about finished, remove lid and let pasta continue to cook for about another 2-3 minutes, letting the sauce thicken and most of the liquid evaporate. (Make sure to watch pasta and don't let all the sauce completely evaporate.) Garnish with fresh parsley if desired before serving.
- You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.