This Alfredo pasta is an easy dinner recipe. All you do is combine just a handful of ingredients into a pot, boil, stir, and it’s ready to eat. It’s an easy one pot pasta recipe you can make on busy weeknights or anytime you’re craving Alfredo.
Ever since I made the one pot pasta I’ve been wanting to experiment with other one-pot pasta recipes.
I loved how easy the first one was and I wanted to do something as easy so I wondered if I could make Alfredo pasta but instead of cooking the pasta separately, just toss all of the ingredients together in one pot.
I researched some recipes and I’m excited to share this version with you. This Alfredo pasta is creamy, cheesy, and ridiculously easy. I love that you only need one pot – the clean-up is so easy! It’s a perfect weeknight dinner.
- Farfalle pasta
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Fresh spinach
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley and ground peppers, for garnish
How to Make Alfredo Pasta in One Pot
- Place the pasta, garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, and spinach in a large pot. Bring it to a boil and then lower the temperature to maintain a low boil.
- Place a lid slightly askew on top of the pot so that some of the steam can escape. Cook it for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Uncover the pot and continue boiling the pasta for another 5 minutes or until the pasta is tender and there is still a small amount of the liquid in the pot.
- Turn off the heat and add the shredded cheese. Stir until it’s melted and coating the pasta. Garnish with the parsley and pepper and it’s ready to serve.
- Pasta: I used farfalle and haven’t tested this recipe with other types of pasta. You can use another type of pasta as long as the cooking time on the package is the same as farfalle, which is about 11 to 12 minutes.
- You can leave the spinach out if you prefer. Sometimes I add it and sometimes I don’t. It works well either way.
- You can also add a protein. You can add shrimp which you can cook in the pot or you can add cooked chicken at the end with the cheese.
More One Pot Recipes to Try
If you like this one pot Alfredo pasta you might like to try some of these other easy recipes, too.
- One-Pot Fajita Pasta
- One-Pot Bacon Four Cheese Pasta
- One-Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- One-Pot Pizza Pasta
One Pot Alfredo Pasta
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 bunch fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley optional, for garnish
- black pepper optional, to taste
- Add pasta, garlic, chicken broth, cream, and spinach into a large, wide pot. Bring to a boil, and then lower stove temperature to keep it at a low boil, with lid only partially on. Stir a few times to mix. Boil for about 10 minutes. Remove lid and boil for an additional 5 minutes. Most of the sauce will be evaporated, but you want some remaining.
- Turn off stove. Add in cheese and stir until melted. If desired, add black pepper to taste. Serve with fresh parsley if desired.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.