If you want a comforting and easy pasta dinner this pizza pasta combines two comfort foods in one. Plus, it’s an easy one-pot recipe that is ready to serve in about 30 minutes. It’s cheesy and tastes like pizza only in pasta form.
I love one-pot pasta recipes, don’t you? They save so much time and clean-up and I love how you can just throw everything in a pot and it practically cooks itself. This pizza pasta is my newest one-pot recipe and it has the approval of Mr. K., which doesn’t always happen!
I think he loves it because it combines two of his favorite things: pizza and pasta. The best part is that you only need one pot plus two simple steps and you get a cheesy pasta dish that’s ready in about 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Pizza Pasta
- Corkscrew-shaped pasta
- Chicken broth
- Canned diced or crushed tomatoes
- Heavy cream
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- Shredded parmesan cheese
Tips for Making Pizza Pasta
- You only need one pot to make this pasta. I used my 3-quart Dutch oven which is the perfect size, but any similarly sized pot will work well, too. You just need a pot that’s big enough to hold all of the ingredients.
- First, you combine the uncooked pasta, chicken broth, tomatoes, and heavy cream in the pot. Bring it to a boil, but be sure to stir it several times to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot, otherwise it won’t cook evenly.
- Place the lid on the pot slightly askew to allow steam to escape while the pasta cooks. It should only take about 10 minutes for the pasta to absorb the liquid. Stir the pasta occasionally while it cooks.
- If, after 10 minutes, there is still a lot of liquid in the pot remove the lid and cook the pasta until the liquid has evaporated.
- I like to add the mozzarella and pepperoni after the pasta is cooked. Just stir both into the pasta and then the pizza pasta is ready to serve.
- For garnish, I like to top each serving with a few more slices of pepperoni and cheese so it looks like pizza. I also like to sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the top, which is the same thing I do with a slice of pizza.
I’ve been wanting to make a pizza-style pasta for a while now and this recipe is we’ll make again when we’re craving comfort food. Each bite is cheesy bliss and it really does taste like pizza.
Update: Since making this pizza pasta I’ve also made One Pot Pizza Zucchini Noodles which is a low-carb version. Or, if you love pasta, try my One Pot Fajita Pasta or Instant Pot Spaghetti which are easy 30-minute dinners.
One Pot Pizza Pasta
- 8 oz uncooked corkscrew pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices if using regular, cut into fourths
- shredded parmesan cheese optional, to taste
- Add pasta, broth, tomatoes and heavy cream into a large pot (I used my 3-quart dutch oven which was the perfect size). Bring to a boil, stirring a few times to mix all ingredients and keep pasta from sticking to the bottom. Keep lid slightly open and cook at a medium boil for about 10 minutes or until noodles are ready, checking and stirring occasionally. Most of the liquid should have evaporated. If it still seems watery, remove lid and let pasta continue to cook for a few minutes, letting most of the liquid evaporate.
- Stir in shredded cheese and pepperoni and serve immediately. Top each plate with additional cheese and pepperoni if desired to get the "pizza look."
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.