Homemade spaghetti made in the Instant Pot. Everything cooks in the Instant Pot for a one pot pasta dish that cooks in ten minutes once pressurized.
Did anyone buy an Instant Pot during Amazon’s Prime Day sale? I was so tempted to buy a second one!
I’ve discussed how much I love making macaroni and cheese in my Instant Pot. And now I’m sharing how to make other pasta dishes in the Instant Pot too. This is similar to the one pot spaghetti I often make, but it’s even easier with the Instant Pot.
I love one pot recipes, like my Pizza Pasta, but with the one pot stove recipes, you still need to keep careful watch. But with the Instant Pot, you just program it and let it do the work. Dinner is served in less than 30 minutes!
New! Recipe updated with video. Please note, for the video I did a meatless version. You can find all my recipe videos on my youtube page.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 of an onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef or ground Italian sausage
- 1 lb spaghetti broken in half
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1/4 cups water
- basil for garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté function. Add ground beef/sausage, garlic and onions into your pot. Once the pot bottom is heated, begin to sauté your meat, garlic and onions. Cook until everything is completely cooked. Cancel sauté function and drain excess oil from pot.
- Add broken spaghetti, Italian seasoning crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water to your pot. Stir spaghetti a few times so they are not all clumped together and make sure spaghetti is completely submerged in liquid. Seal your Instant Pot. Set it to manual mode, high pressure, 5 minutes cooking time.
- When Instant Pot beeps to indicate it is done, do a manual quick release. Open lid when it is safe to do so. At first, it may appear that your pasta sauce has too much liquid, but if you stir the spaghetti a few times with the lid open, the liquid will evaporate and your sauce will thicken. Scoop out spaghetti. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, parmesan cheese, fresh ground pepper or anything else you desire.
- I use the Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker* (6 quart version).
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.