A lighter version of pizza pasta using zucchini noodles. Everything cooks in one pan for easy clean-up and a meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Like many others, I had way too much to eat over Thanksgiving weekend. Since becoming a food blogger, I’ve become better at stopping myself from over-eating. But when I go back to visit my family, all that just flies out the window.
When I came back from my trip, I found myself craving a lot of vegetables. So of course I had to make a zucchini noodle dish. So far I’ve shared my one pot taco zucchini noodles and one pot lasagna zucchini noodles. This zucchini noodle dish is even easier.
You cook the zucchini, add in the sauce, stir in cheese and top with mini pepperoni. I adore mini pepperoni and am always looking for an excuse to use them. This is an incredibly flavorful and cheesy dish. And it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
If you’re looking for other healthy one pot recipes to try be sure to check out my One Pot Taco Zucchini Noodles and One Pot Lasagna Zucchini Noodles!
One Pot Pizza Zucchini Noodles
- 1 lb zucchini spiralized
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni divided
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add in zucchini and cook until zucchini releases water and is tender but still crisp. Drain water from zucchini. Place zucchini in a strainer and shake a few times to drain out more water.
- Pat dry zucchini noodles and add back to skillet. Add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and basil. Bring sauce to a simmer. Stir in parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup mini pepperoni. Cook until cheese is melted and zucchini is evenly coated in sauce.
- Reduce skillet to low heat. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese across the surface of the zucchini. Place remaining pepperoni on top of cheese. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover skillet with lid until cheese is melted. Remove skillet from heat and serve.
- I use the Paderno World Cuisine Vegetable Spiral Slicer* to make thick spiralized zucchini noodles
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
How would you frozen zucchini noodles work? How would you prep them?
I have not worked with frozen zucchini noodles but I would think that once they are thawed, you can prepare them the same way as stated in step 1. They may release more liquid though so make sure to really drain out all the liquid.
This tasted great, thanks! The zucchini cooked ended up being very little after I removed the water, so I’d double the amount of it next time.
adding more zucchini will definitely make it healthier!
I made this tonight and it was delicious! I was making normal pizza for my husband and made this for me…. He took a look at it and said, I would eat that!
haha, that is so awesome!
Looks great! How many servings would you say this is?
Would you happen to have nutritional info for this dish?
I do not currently have that information. I recommend using an online nutritional calculator.