Every once in a while, I have an experiment go wrong in the kitchen that turns out to be a happy accident. This weekend I was a little obsessive with peanut butter. Okay, very obsessive.
I started with one peanut butter recipe idea and it made me think of another and then another, like an avalanche, until I ran out of peanut butter.
Anyhow, these cookies are ridiculously easy to make. Of course, they aren’t as perfect in texture like a cookie using oil and baking soda, but they still taste great. It’s perfect for peanut butter enthusiasts. The cookies are a little bit dense and a little delicate to the touch. But the still hold together and pack an intense peanut butter flavor.
Technically the chocolate chips make it four ingredients, but if you want plain peanut butter cookies, it’s only three. If you’ve tried the three ingredient nutella cookies, it’s a similar style of cookie. These cookies are perfect when you want something simple and want to whip something up really fast.
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, peanut butter and flour into a large bowl. Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth. If using, add in chocolate chips.
- Make dough balls about one inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet and then flatten with palm of your hand until dough looks like finished cookie product as cookies will not spread when baking.
- Bake about 8 minutes until cookies are set.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.