Continuing on my quest to put nutella in just about everything, I recently made these nutella rice krispies treats. I got the idea after making my nutella crack brownies because the top layer of rice cereal reminded me of rice krispies treats.
Rice Krispies treats are so easy to make, and I recently learned an even easier way to make them by sticking the marshmallows and butter in the microwave rather than having to heat them up on a stove.
I whipped up the rice krispies treats first, and then I added in the nutella and mixed until the nutella was incorporated. The end result were these delicious, chewy bars of goodness.
|Nutella Rice Krispies Treat||
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 2/3 cup of nutella
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large glass bowl by sticking them in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Once you remove from microwave, begin to stir immediately with a large spoon to mix the marshmallows with the butter. Once it is is mixed, pour in the rice krispies. Stir until the rice krispies are evenly coated.
- Add in the nutella and stir until rice krispies are evenly coated with nutella.
- Place the rice krispies into a 9 x 11 baking pan, pressing down to evenly distribute the treats across the pan. Let the rice krispies cool and set before cutting and serving.