Monday, November 7, 2011

Pumpkin Donut Holes

My first  batch of fried pumpkin donuts went so fast that I made another batch recently. Rather than take the time to cut out the donuts, re-roll the scraps, and cut some more, I decided to make all donut balls. I also decided to do a sugar cinnamon coating rather than a glaze since the glaze takes longer.

I liked that they were easier and I liked biting into these balls. The siblings preferred the glazed ones we previously made. I do too, but the cinnamon sugar mixture wasn’t bad. These would be good for a party so that people can eat smaller bites. I still love how fluffy and soft these donuts are, with just a little bit of spice.

I used this recipe, though like last time, I added a lot of flour to my pastry board when rolling out the dough because the dough was quite sticky. I also just did the donut balls and not whole donuts. It took around the same time to cook in the oil though.

6 Responses to “Pumpkin Donut Holes”

Carol — November 7, 2011 @ 8:13 am

Oh they look so good! I’ve been wanting to make donuts but the Mister keeps giving me the guilt trip about always making something fattening. hehe. I think it’s because he loves donuts and have no self control around them.

• Kirbie replied: — November 7th, 2011 @ 9:38 am

My mom always says something like that when I fry something. I think everything is good in moderation. fried food isn’t that bad. Only if you eat it all the time or too much of it. These were really good. You should make them. =)

Sook — November 7, 2011 @ 11:47 am

Oh I can almost smell those yummy looking donuts! I love pumpkin everything… so I must try these.

• Kirbie replied: — November 7th, 2011 @ 2:38 pm

These were one of my favorite pumpkin recipes of this year.

Jenn@eatcakefordinner — November 13, 2011 @ 8:59 pm