Sunday, November 20, 2011

Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

Every once in a while, I have an experiment go wrong in the kitchen that turns out to be a happy accident. This weekend I was a little obsessive with peanut butter. Okay, very obsessive.

I started with one peanut butter recipe idea and it made me think of another and then another, like an avalanche, until I ran out of peanut butter.

Anyhow, these cookies are ridiculously easy to make. Of course they aren’t as perfect in texture as a cookie using oil and baking soda, but they still taste great. It’s perfect for peanut butter enthusiasts.  The cookies are a little bit dense and a little delicate to the touch. But the still hold together and pack an intense peanut butter flavor.

Technically the chocolate chips make it four ingredients, but if you want plain peanut butter cookies, it’s only three.  If you’ve tried the three ingredient nutella cookies, it’s a similar style of cookie. These cookies are perfect when you want something simple and want to whip something up really fast.

Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

Yield: 12 cookies

Prep Time: 10 mins

Cook Time: 8 mins

Total Time: 18 mins

1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 large eggs
10 tablespoons all purpose flour
optional: 3/4 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Combine eggs, peanut butter and flour into a large bowl. Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth. If using, add in chocolate chips.

3. Make dough balls about one inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet and then flatten with palm of your hand until dough looks like finished cookie product as cookies will not change form when baking.

4. Bake about 8 minutes until cookies are set.

16 Responses to “Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies”

Kay — November 21, 2011 @ 8:13 am

Yum! It looks great and so easy!

caninecologne — November 22, 2011 @ 12:20 am

wow, just 3 ingredients? i’ll be making this tomorrow!

• Kirbie replied: — November 22nd, 2011 @ 1:03 am

I hope you like them!

Connie — November 22, 2011 @ 9:49 am

No sugar? I don’t know if I can eat a cookie not made with some sugar! ;-)

• Kirbie replied: — November 22nd, 2011 @ 10:28 am

The peanut butter is already sweetened so I don’t think it needs additional sugar. I’m not sure if the sugar would dissolve properly in this mix.

DKJ92025 — November 22, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

My son is gluten free, casein free, and I’ve been making a version of this for years. Comes out perfect every time. 1C Sugar, 1C Peanut Butter, 1 Egg…throw in some vegan choc chips. In the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. Done! If I make rounded teaspoon size scoops, I can get two dozen or more cookies out of a batch. My boy gets 2 cookies, one for each hand. Keeps the sugar high to a minimum!

• Kirbie replied: — November 22nd, 2011 @ 4:14 pm

Thanks for providing me with your version! So I guess you can add sugar to this without problems. Though I find the large amount of peanut butter used to be sweet enough for my personal preference.

Elena — December 17, 2011 @ 10:31 am

I love that these have so few ingredients but also that you can make such a small batch!! I hate having to figure out how to cut a batch down or just making too many! I wonder what these would taste like with the all-natural peanut butter? Might be worth a try!

• Kirbie replied: — December 17th, 2011 @ 11:53 pm

I’ve never worked with all natural peanut butter so I’m not sure. If you try it, let me know!

chels — January 29, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

can you substitute whole wheat flour?

• Kirbie replied: — January 30th, 2012 @ 8:58 am

I’m not sure. I’ve never tried that before. Sorry!

Cowgirlgill — March 31, 2012 @ 7:43 am

Your recipe inspired me to make cookies for the first time…….. Thank you :-)

• Kirbie replied: — April 1st, 2012 @ 10:47 pm

Oh that’s great to hear!

dlt — October 8, 2012 @ 10:33 am

DKJ92025 – we have had this recipe. Its very rich. We have been making it for over 40 years! My brother got it from a teacher when he was in 1st grade. Its the easiest cookie ever to make!

June — October 15, 2013 @ 9:13 am

Just took these out of the oven! Very rich, really doesn’t need sugar at all. Kinda crumbly but it quenches my thirst for something sweet! I used a 1in cookie scoop and made 28 cookies. I can only eat about 3 of them… perfect to throw in your lunch bag for a treat!

I love your recipes, they always turn out good :)

• Kirbie replied: — October 15th, 2013 @ 9:17 am

Aw thanks! I’m glad you like this recipe!