For weeks now I’ve had this image in my mind of melted marshmallows mixed with Nutella, oozing out of a cookie. So I made my dreams a reality and made them.
The cookie base has crushed graham crackers mixed in giving them a graham cracker flavor. It’s also studded with chocolate chips for the chocolate layer of S’mores. And each cookie is stuffed with a dollop of Nutella and a large marshmallow.
The melted Nutella and marshmallow combination was as good as I imagined. These are best eaten warm so if you store them, I recommend heating them up in the microwave before eating.
These were a very fun way of eating S’mores without all the mess. And adding Nutella just upped the taste factor. Just about everything tastes better with Nutella in my opinion.
Nutella Stuffed S'more Cookies
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used a food processor to grind to make crumbs)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 large marshmallows
1 cup of chocolate chips
Nutella for filling
1. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda.
2. In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate dough for about an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF
5. Scoop about 2 tbsp of dough and flatten in palm of hand. Place 1 tsp of Nutella in middle. Place marshmallow on top of Nutella and squeeze down slightly to compact the marshmallow. Take another scoopful of cookie dough and place on top and smooth together with rest of cookie dough in palm until marshmallow and Nutella are completely sealed inside. Place on cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough, setting each ball about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden, and remove from the oven. Cookies will initially be uneven due to the marshmallow puffing up but when they cool, the marshmallow will sink back down. Serve while slightly warm.
Adapted from recipe found on Obsessed with Baking