Gooey s’mores stuffed cookies with a Nutella twist. Each cookie is filled with a marshmallow and Nutella along with graham crackers mixed into the dough. These are a fun twist on a classic s’mores cookie.
For weeks now I’ve had this image in my mind of melted marshmallows mixed with Nutella, oozing out of a cookie. So, I made my dreams a reality and made these s’mores stuffed cookies. It combines a lot of things I love: ooey-gooey marshmallows, creamy Nutella, and chocolate chips.
The cookie base has crushed graham crackers mixed in giving them a graham cracker flavor. It’s also studded with chocolate chips for the chocolate layer of S’mores. And each cookie is stuffed with a generous dollop of Nutella and a large marshmallow.
I’ve made regular s’mores cookies before, but the melted Nutella and marshmallow combination in this version is heavenly.
- All-purpose flour
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Baking soda
- Softened unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Large marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
Whisk the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl.
In a large bowl (or stand mixer), cream the butter and both types of sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips and then refrigerate the dough for an hour.
Once the dough is chilled, scoop two tablespoons and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place 1 teaspoon of Nutella in the middle with a marshmallow on top. Lightly press down on the marshmallow to flatten it a bit.
Take another scoop of dough and mold it around the marshmallow and Nutella so both are fully encased in the dough. Repeat this process with the rest of the dough. Place them two inches apart on a baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for 15 minutes at 375°F or until they are golden. Serve the cookies warm.
How to Store the Cookies and Reheating Tips
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container and they will keep well for a few days at room temperature.
I think they’re best served warm, so microwave them to warm them up before serving.
These were a very fun way of eating S’mores without all the mess. And adding Nutella just upped the taste factor. Just about everything tastes better with Nutella in my opinion.
More Ways to Stuff Cookies
- Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Truffle Stuffed Cookies
- Nutella Filled Red Velvet Cookies
Nutella Stuffed S'more Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs I used a food processor to grind to make crumbs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Nutella for filling
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Scoop about 2 tbsp of dough and flatten in palm of hand. Place 1 tsp of Nutella in middle. Place marshmallow on top of Nutella and squeeze down slightly to compact the marshmallow. Take another scoopful of cookie dough and place on top and smooth together with rest of cookie dough in palm until marshmallow and Nutella are completely sealed inside. Place on cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough, setting each ball about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden, and remove from the oven. Cookies will initially be uneven due to the marshmallow puffing up but when they cool, the marshmallow will sink back down. Serve while slightly warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.