Thick and soft cookies and cream cookies are stuffed with Oreos for double the cookies and cream flavor. The outside of the cookie is soft and chewy with a crunchy Oreo baked inside.
Today I’m sharing my second holiday cookie recipe for the cookie baking season: Oreo stuffed cookies and cream cookies.
My chewy cookies and cream cookies are one of my go-to cookie recipes. I previously mentioned how much I love stuffed cookies. And I’ve done Oreo stuffed cookies before– just never with a cookie that is already cookies and cream flavored.
So now I present to you these Oreo Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cookies which are double the Oreo/cookies and cream pleasure.
It’s the holidays so no one is counting calories anyway, right?
Cookies and Cream Cookies with an Oreo Baked Inside
These cookies are as easy as making a regular cookie recipe with the added step of stuffing each one with an Oreo. It’s very easy to do and one of my favorite ways to dress up a cookie recipe. Each one has a crunchy cookie surprise inside.
The cookies are soft and chewy and stay that way for several days after they’re baked. Instant pudding mix is the secret ingredient. It’s a really easy way to get the perfect cookie texture.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Softened butter
- Light brown sugar
- White sugar
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Vanilla extract
- Oreo cookies
How to Make Stuffed Cookies
First, make the cookie dough by creaming the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until the mixture is creamy and fluffy. Add the dry pudding mix and mix until combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
Add the flour with the mixer on low speed until the dough comes together. Add the whole cookies and mix on medium speed until they are crushed and mixed into the dough.
To make stuffed cookies, scoop 1 ½ tablespoon of the dough and place it on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat this with the rest of the dough.
Flatten the dough balls so they are wide enough for a whole Oreo to be placed on top. Scoop 1 ½ tablespoon of dough and place it on top of the Oreo. Smooth the dough so the cookie is completely encased inside the dough. Repeat this process with the rest of the Oreos.
Bake the cookies at 350°F for 12 to 13 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center of the cookies are set. Cool them on the cookie sheet.
Store the cookies in an airtight container and they will stay soft for several days.
These cookies are definitely very sweet, but also quite delicious. I was a little worried it might be Oreo overload, but I don’t think that was the case at all.
More Stuffed Cookies
- Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed S’more Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cups Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Oreo Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 33 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and fluffy. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture at low speed until fully incorporated into the dough. Add 15 oreos and mix on low to medium speed, letting the mixer crush the oreos until oreo cookies are crushed into small pieces and mixed into dough.
- Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out 18 dough balls and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat mats, spacing dough balls at least 2 inches apart. Press dough balls completely flat and thin out the dough rounds until they are wide enough to hold a whole Oreo. Place an Oreo onto each dough round. Scoop out another eighteen 1.5 tbsp dough ball with cookie scoop and place on top of Oreos. Using your hands, help smooth the dough so that the cookie is completely covered in the dough.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes until edges turn golden brown and center of cookies are set. Let cookies cool on cookie sheets before removing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.