Thick and soft cookies and cream cookies are stuffed with Oreos for double the cookies and cream flavor.
Today I’m sharing my second holiday cookie recipe for the cookie baking season. My chewy cookies and cream cookies are one of my go-to cookie recipes. I previously already mentioned how much I love having stuffed cookies. And I’ve done Oreo stuffed cookies before– just never with a cookie that is already cookies and cream flavored. So now I present to you these Oreo Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cookies which are double the Oreo/cookies and cream pleasure.
It’s the holidays so no one is counting calories anyway, right?
Tonight was the premiere of a new season of Top Chef. This morning, I woke up from a bad dream. I was in a classroom with about 20 other people and we were broken up into groups. We had to prepare this menu and each of us was individually in charge of two dishes. There was a really impressive chef that would be judging our food. After I started my first dish, I was tasked with doing a dish that required me to be out of the room and somewhere else, so I wasn’t able to finish making my first dish and instead I had to have a teammate finish it. After I came back, all I heard were horrible things about how my first dish was sickeningly sweet, which made no sense since there was no added sugar. I was so frustrated, especially with a chef I admired about to judge me. That’s when I woke up. If you watch Top Chef, this dream probably sounds quite familiar. I guess my subconscious was really ready for the show.
Anyhow, these cookies are definitely very sweet, but also quite delicious. I was a little worried it might be Oreo overload, but I don’t think that was the case at all.
If you’re looking for a more simple cookies and cream recipe, definitely check out my chewy cookies and cream cookies.
Oreo Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 33 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and fluffy. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture at low speed until fully incorporated into the dough. Add 15 oreos and mix on low to medium speed, letting the mixer crush the oreos until oreo cookies are crushed into small pieces and mixed into dough.
- Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out 18 dough balls and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat mats, spacing dough balls at least 2 inches apart. Press dough balls completely flat and thin out the dough rounds until they are wide enough to hold a whole Oreo. Place an Oreo onto each dough round. Scoop out another eighteen 1.5 tbsp dough ball with cookie scoop and place on top of Oreos. Using your hands, help smooth the dough so that the cookie is completely covered in the dough.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes until edges turn golden brown and center of cookies are set. Let cookies cool on cookie sheets before removing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.