Brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies take a favorite cookie and stuff them with a rich chocolate brownie. Every bite includes some fudgy brownie – they are a decadent dessert!
I’ve been making a lot of stuffed cookie recipes lately and they’re probably my family’s most favorite cookies I’ve made so far.
Unlike brownie cookies, these cookies have a brownie stuffed inside a chocolate chip cookie so you don’t have to decide between the two.
You should be warned, though, because they are humongous cookies! I opted not to make the brownies smaller because I wanted one cookie to feel like a complete dessert. One is definitely enough to get your cookie and brownie fix.
For this recipe, I take a shortcut and use a brownie mix. I love how you always get rich and fudgy brownies with a mix and that’s definitely what you want for the cookies.
I make the cookies from scratch, using one of my basic chocolate chip cookie recipes.
- 1 box of brownie mix
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Them
Make the brownies first. They need to be completely cooled before you slice them and stuff them into the cookie dough. I usually make them a day ahead.
For the cookies, just whisk the dry ingredients together in one bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar and then add the eggs and vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
How to Stuff Chocolate Chip Brownies
I used larger brownie pieces to stuff the cookies. You need quite a bit of cookie dough to cover them so you will end up with six cookies. You can use smaller brownie pieces if you want more cookies that aren’t as big.
To make the stuffed cookies, take a large scoop of dough and place a brownie in the middle. Scoop another chunk of dough and place it on top of the brownie. Smooth the dough around the brownie so it is completely covered.
Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet spaced two inches apart. Bake the cookies for about twelve minutes (for large cookies) at 365°F. If you make smaller cookies, they will need less baking time.
I love the combination of brownie and cookie. It combines two great loves. My family’s been requesting them a lot and I’m sure they will continue – I hope you give them a try, too!
More Stuffed Cookies Recipes
- Cadbury Eggs Stuffed Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thin Mint Stuffed Cookies
- Oreo Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed S’mores Cookies
Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix I used Betty Crocker
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- First make the brownies ahead of time, following the instructions on the box. Let the brownies cool before cutting. You may want to cut them smaller so you don't have gigantic cookies.
- For the cookie dough: Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and the brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined.
- Using a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a large chunk of dough, then place a brownie in the middle. Scoop another chunk of dough to put on top of the brownie. Smooth sides until entire cookie dough covers the brownie. Place cookies on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake for about 12 minutes until cookies are golden brown and move off the parchment paper without sticking to the bottom.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.