- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix I used Betty Crocker
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- First make the brownies ahead of time, following the instructions on the box. Let the brownies cool before cutting. You may want to cut them smaller so you don't have gigantic cookies.
- For the cookie dough: Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and the brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined.
- Using a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a large chunk of dough, then place a brownie in the middle. Scoop another chunk of dough to put on top of the brownie. Smooth sides until entire cookie dough covers the brownie. Place cookies on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake for about 12 minutes until cookies are golden brown and move off the parchment paper without sticking to the bottom.
Recipe inspired by Picky Palate