I made a Nutella mousse this weekend that is super easy and healthier than regular mousse.

Mr. K and I both love chocolate mousse but I’m always too lazy to make the traditional version. This one is super tasty and you don’t taste the healthy secret ingredient.

The healthy secret ingredient is once again tofu! When I was making my healthy chocolate shake, it reminded me of a chocolate mousse I had previously made with silken tofu. So I set about making a Nutella version.

First I tried it with the silken tofu. The texture was a little too loose for my liking and it was more like a Nutella pudding. So I tried again, this time with firm tofu and the texture was just right.

All you need to do is blend everything together and pour it into your ramekins. Easy right?

Once you’re done, you do need to let it set in the fridge for a few hours. Then it’s ready to eat. Top with some whipped cream if desired.

Print Print Recipe

Nutella Mousse

Yield: 2

6 oz firm tofu
5 1/2 oz Nutella

Blend tofu and Nutella on high speed in blender or food processor until no tofu chunks remain. Spoon into ramekin. Tap bottom of ramekins onto counter or other surface so that mousse levels out. Chill in refrigerator to set for several hours.

20 Responses to “2 Ingredient Nutella Mousse”

1. Michelle — May 1, 2013 at 12:43 am

I am amazed by this and will try this weekend!! Thank you.

• Kirbie replied: — May 1st, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

I really liked it. Hopefully you will too

2. J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats — May 1, 2013 at 12:21 pm

LOVE this! tofu is such a neutral flavor and I can see how its the perfect texture to blend into this! Much healthier than using whipped cream or even eggs. I wonder what else could be blended with tofu to make a healthy(ish) mousse…

• Kirbie replied: — May 1st, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

Chocolate works too. I think it has to be something with a very strong flavor to mask the tofu flavor.

3. Verena — May 3, 2013 at 12:49 am

Sounds really interesting. Very tempted to try it even though I cannot stand tofu!! Will have to make it without hubby knowing the ingredients, lol!!

• Kirbie replied: — May 3rd, 2013 @ 8:50 am

I couldn’t taste the tofu. Just make sure you thoroughly blend it.

4. April — May 5, 2013 at 8:11 am

My aunt made this a while ago, and it was just regular chocolate flavor but I’m not sure what exactly the ingredients were that she added to the tofu…it turned out really yummy!

• Kirbie replied: — May 6th, 2013 @ 9:36 am

I’ve done a chocolate version too which I really like =)

5. Peggy — May 14, 2013 at 8:10 am

What a great mousse!

• Kirbie replied: — May 14th, 2013 @ 8:18 am

It’s quite yummy!

6. Anona — October 6, 2013 at 1:07 pm

How do you measure out the ounces of tofu and nutella?

• Kirbie replied: — October 6th, 2013 @ 11:20 pm

With a small kitchen scale. They cost about $20 and are really useful for recipes that require weight measurements

7. Allie — October 20, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Wow, this is such a great treat for vegans! I will definantly be trying this sometime soon! :D

• Kirbie replied: — October 20th, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

It’s really good!

8. Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — October 21, 2013 at 3:29 am

I can’t believe this is so easy! It looks so good! And I bet with all that Nutella you can’t even taste the tofu :)

• Kirbie replied: — October 21st, 2013 @ 8:02 am

Nope, u dont!

9. Ann — November 28, 2013 at 10:10 am

Thank you so much for this recipie!! Finally decided to try it out and it is delicious. I also got a kick out of letting people figure out what the secret ingredient is.

• Kirbie replied: — November 28th, 2013 @ 11:23 pm

oh that’s so fun. I should make my guests guess next time too

10. Peter Bates — October 16, 2015 at 11:56 am

I’ve made this quite a few times before and it is great, I also recently discovered another great method for making an easy mousse. Whip up about 250-300 ml of cream and mix a third of it with 3-4 ounces of any melted chocolate (I’ve used a dark chocolate with citrus rind in it and it was amazing) until it is fully combined then add to the rest of the cream and mix it in. then you just refrigerate it for a few hours and it is great.

• Kirbie replied: — October 16th, 2015 @ 2:16 pm

thank you! I’m going to try that out!