Spaghetti Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Spaghetti grilled cheese sandwiches. Spaghetti and cheese are sandwiched between bread slices and cooked in a waffle iron.
Because some days you just need carbs on carbs.
This also pretty much describes my diet in Tokyo right now as all I’ve been eating are carbs: udon, ramen, soba, donuts, cakes and more. I need a lot of vegetables when I get home.
I was playing around with a spaghetti grilled cheese idea for a while but it seemed like such a messy sandwich to make. And then a few months ago, I started waffling my grilled cheese sandwiches. It makes life so much easier because the sandwich cooks directly in the waffle iron and you don’t need to worry about flipping it or hovering over it.
The top waffle iron also keeps the sandwich compact so you don’t have noodles falling all over the place.
Spaghetti Grilled Cheese
- 10 slices of bread
- 10 slices swiss or mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- butter or mayonnaise for bread
- Stir 1 cup marinara sauce into spaghetti. Divide evenly into 5 servings. Butter one side of each slice of bread. You can also use mayonnaise spread on the bread if you prefer.
- Place one slice of bread onto the center section of your bottom waffle iron (buttered-side down). Add one slice of cheese on top of the bread. Carefully twirl spaghetti with a large fork and then place on top of the cheese. Add a few small spoonfuls of marinara sauce over spaghetti. Add another slice of cheese on top. Top with another slice of bread (buttered-side up). Close waffle iron. The waffle iron will not close all the way but you can press on it gently and it should sink down further as the sandwich cooks.
- Set your waffle iron to medium high heat and cook until cheese is melted and bread is dark golden brown.
- Repeat steps 2-3 to make remaining sandwiches.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!