Grilled cheese sandwiches are kicked up a notch with the addition of pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce, creating pizza grilled cheese sandwiches.
It was a cloudy day in San Diego today, perfect weather for these pizza grilled cheese sandwiches. Does anyone else feel like their energy level is significantly influenced by the weather? For me, sunny days mean I’m hopping with energy, but cloudy days sap all the strength out of me and I just want to curl into bed.
So, obviously we’re taking a slight break from the healthy recipes. It’s all about balance right? I don’t feel too guilty because at least I’m keeping up some other resolutions. Okay maybe just one other. But that’s better than nothing.
One of my New Year’s resolutions is to take better care of my face before I start getting wrinkles and can no longer turn back time. The last few years, I’ve definitely been skating by on my Asian genes. My nighttime skincare routine was maybe slapping on some cream before bed if I remembered.
During a Christmas party, some of the girls started talking about beauty treatments, facial masks, etc. And that made me realize that I really needed to start taking better of my skin and should have started long before. So I started researching Korean skincare because Korean actresses have the most amazing skin and they are obsessed with facial skincare. Their regime consists of 10+ products and steps. Yikes. I bought what I thought were the essentials (which were not cheap!) and so far I’ve been really good at keeping it up every night.
I have to confess though, I don’t see any difference yet. I’ll give it some more time.
Since I’ve been keeping up with my skincare regime, I don’t feel as guilty about posting about these pizza grilled cheese sandwiches. These were so good, especially with all that sauce and stretchy cheese. I really love pizza-izing dishes so if you are looking for more ideas be sure to check out my Pizza Puffs and Pepperoni Pizza Cones, too.
If you like this recipe, you can check out my other grilled cheese creations:
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 6 slices of French bread
- 3 tbsp butter spread
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese or you can use sliced mozzarella
- 21 slices of turkey pepperoni
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread 1/4 cup of cheese on three slices of bread, on top of the unbuttered side. Spread 7 slices of pepperoni on top of the cheese for each of the three slices. Spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on top of pepperoni for each of the three slices. Spread another 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the sauce. Place remaining slices of bread on top, to form sandwiches (with butter side facing up).
- Place frying pan on the stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, carefully place one sandwich in the frying pan, cooking the bottom buttered side until golden and toasty and the cheese is melty. Then carefully flip over and cook until the other side is also toasty and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. If cheese does not melt to your desired consistency, you can briefly microwave sandwich for about 10-15 seconds before eating.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.