This is an easy fudge recipe. You only need two ingredients and about five minutes to prepare. The chocolate fudge comes out very creamy, chewy and fudgy. It is great for a quick dessert or for gifting.
I love making fudge this time of year. It works great as a treat for myself, something to gift to a friend, or something to bring to a party. I’ve shared a few easy fudge recipes over the years but this may be the easiest.
- Bittersweet chocolate chips
- Condensed milk
Condensed milk is the key to this recipe. Traditional fudge is made with sugar, butter, milk and cocoa powder, cooked over the stove and reduced down. Condensed milk is milk and sugar already reduced down. By using condensed milk, you save time, ingredients, and extra cooking steps. Make sure to use full fat sweetened condensed milk. Condensed milk is the key to the fudge texture. It gives the dessert its fudgy and creamy texture. Don’t have condensed milk or looking for a nondairy version? I’ve also made fudge with almond butter. It’s a little bit of a healthier fudge and not as sweet but also very enjoyable.
You can use bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips for this recipe. I chose bittersweet because the fudge is already very sweet with the condensed milk added. But if you don’t mind very sweet fudge, semi-sweet chocolate will also work.
How to Make 2 Ingredient Fudge
The ingredients are combined in a mixing bowl, heated in the microwave and stirred until chocolate is melted and a uniform smooth batter forms. You want to make sure that the condensed milk is fully incorporated into the melted chocolate (there should be no white streaks). If you don’t want to use a microwave, this can also be done on the stove using the double boiler method.
Then pour the batter into a baking pan and place into the fridge until set. That’s it!
More Easy Fudge Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Easy Fudge
- 5 Minute Peanut Butter Fudge
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2 Ingredient White Chocolate Fudge
2 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
- 2 cups (352 g) bittersweet chocolate chips (or one 12-oz bag)
- 1 1/4 cup (380 g) sweetened condensed milk (or one 14 oz can)
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add ingredients to a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave at full power in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted and mixture becomes uniform in color and smooth. Make sure the condensed milk is fully incorporated into the fudge batter and there are no streaks of condensed milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Rap the bottom of the pan against your counter a few times to eliminate any air bubbles and level the fudge batter.
- Place fudge into fridge until set. The fudge is ready when it feels firm to the touch. This can take 30 minutes to an hour. Cut fudge with a sharp knife.
- 1 1/4 cup condensed milk is the amount contained in one 14 oz can so you don't need to measure it out if you have a 14 oz can.
- 2 cups chocolate chips is the equivalent of a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips so you don't need to measure it out if you have a 12 oz bag.
- The fudge batter starts setting pretty quickly so make sure you don't let it sit out in your mixing bowl. As soon as you are done mixing, pour it into your prepared pan.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.