Big, Chewy Cookies and Cream Cookies
These oversized cookies and cream cookies are chewy and full of crushed Oreo pieces. This is one of my all-time favorite cookie recipes and I’ve made them a few dozen times with great success.
I posted the original recipe two years ago, so I thought I’d do an updated post. The biggest change is that I made these oversized rather than regular cookies
This past weekend we went to a friend’s BBQ party and I baked two kinds of cookies: the famous New York Times Chocolate Chips Cookies and my chewy cookies and cream cookies. Because the NY Times cookies are so big, I made my cookies and cream cookies bigger to match (Also it was almost 2 am and I was tired and didn’t want to bake several extra batches of regular sized cookies). The cookies seemed to go over well as there were no leftovers for me to take home.
Normally when I bake for a party, I’ll set aside a few for us to enjoy later. But Mr. K was in charge of arranging the cookies on the tray as I finished getting ready and he didn’t think to save any. So he was a little bummed that there weren’t any leftovers for him to take home.
So on Sunday, I got up early and made a fresh batch to surprise him. We ate some of these with milk and also used some for making ice cream sandwiches. Yum!
Big and Chewy Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 14 oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients at low speed just until dough is formed. This shouldn't take very long and you don't want to over mix the dough. Add oreos directly into batter and mix on medium speed until oreos are crushed and blended into dough (this should only take a few seconds!). Gently roll dough into balls about 2 inches in diameter and place onto ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 11-12 minutes until cookies are set in the middle and starting to turn golden around the edges. Cookies will be initially puffy when taken out from oven and will flatten after they cool. Let cookies cool on baking sheet before removing.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!