Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
Super crispy baked chicken wings coated with a butter, garlic and parmesan sauce. These wings are the perfect game day or party food.
I recently tried garlic parmesan flavored wings for the first time and it inspired me to make these wings. The version I had eaten were twice-fried and while I make fried wings at home too, I wanted to do a healthier baked version for these. (I’m trying my best not to take out my fryer until it gets closer to Thanksgiving.)
I previously shared my favorite technique for the crispiest baked chicken wings. Most of the fat is rendered off the wings when baking and you’re left with very thin and crispy skin.
Once the wings were finished, I brushed them with a butter garlic and parmesan mixture. Then I sprinkled on more parmesan and parsley. I also served them with some chipotle ranch dressing.
These wings came out so good! I couldn’t stop eating them as I was trying to plate them for a photo. Luckily I made a really big batch!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 7 lbs chicken wings (for best results use wings that have already been divided into drumettes and wingettes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp baking powder (not baking soda!)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + additional for topping
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Place an oven-safe cooling wire rack on top of each baking sheet and generously spray racks with cooking oil spray.
- Pat the wings dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, add wings and sprinkle with salt and baking powder. Toss the wings until they are evenly coated in the baking powder and salt.
- Place the wings side by side onto the cooling racks. They should be close together but not touching each other.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the lower half section of the oven. After 30 minutes, the wings should look smaller (from the skin being dried out and fat rendered off) but still very pale.
- Raise oven temperature to 425°F. Place wings back into the oven, this time in the upper middle section of the oven. Bake wings for about 50 minutes. Wings should be golden brown and when you touch the skin, it should feel crispy. If you had to use a lower rack for your second baking sheet, these may need slightly more time. You can place them in the upper section of the oven after removing the top sheet and bake for about another 5 minutes or until golden. Allow the wings to cool for about 10 minutes, which should crisp the skin even more.
- While wings are cooling, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, add butter, garlic and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir and cook until butter is melted. Use a pastry or basting brush and brush wings generously with sauce, making sure to brush on the garlic powder and cheese. Sprinkle wings with additional parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve while wings are still warm and crispy. They taste great on their own or with a side of ranch dressing.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!