These baked BBQ chicken wings are super easy to make. Bake them for about 40 minutes until the skin turns thin and crunchy. Prepare and brush on a bbq glaze. And you’re done.
I’ve been a little obsessed with making crispy baked chicken wings lately ever since making my honey garlic wings.
I’ve been taste-testing glaze variations to add to the wings, including this tangy spicy bbq version.
These wings are super easy to make. Bake them for about 40 minutes until the skin turns thin and crunchy. Prepare and brush on a bbq glaze. And you’re done. I was having a hard time stopping myself from “taste testing” too many of these wings before taking a few quick photos.
I made this recipe with the help of some Stubb’s BBQ sauce and beef marinade sauce. I was recently sent some complimentary product to create a series of recipes that will be posted this year. Later on, I’ll be doing a large giveaway as well.
The original BBQ sauce contains tomato, vinegar, molasses and black pepper for a tasty sauce. But to add more depth I added a little bit of the beef marinade which has garlic, soy sauce and red pepper. I also added a little cornstarch to thicken the glaze so that it would stick on the wings.
I really loved how these turned out. It made me feel like I was eating outside during a summer BBQ.
Crispy Baked BBQ Wings
- 2.5 lb party chicken wings I used the large frozen bag
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup Stubb's beef marinade
for the glaze
- 1/2 cup Stubb's original BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Stubb's beef marinade
- 1 tbsp water + 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat wings dry with paper towel and then lay them on baking sheet. Brush surfaces of wings with marinade and then melted butter. Place into oven and roast for about 40-45 minutes or until the skins of the wings reach desired crispness. You should check on the wings at about 30 minutes and you may need to rotate your tray to ensure even roasting.
- About 10 minutes before the wings are done, prepare your sauce. Combine BBQ sauce and marinade into a small saucepan. In a separate bowl, add water and cornstarch and mix until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Pour mixture into saucepan. Turn stove on to low heat and bring sauce to a boil. Stir constantly and let the sauce continue to simmer until it thickens.
- Remove wings from oven and brush the wings with the glaze. Eat immediately to preserve wing crispness.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.