This pumpkin cake is so easy to make with just three ingredients. It has a soft and tender crumb and is perfect when you are craving a pumpkin flavored dessert but don’t have much time to bake.
I love easy cake recipes and this pumpkin loaf cake is my newest creation. You only need three ingredients to make the batter. It’s super easy.
I’ve been wanting to make a cake like this ever since I made my two-ingredient pumpkin bread last year. What made it so easy was using pumpkin ice cream to make the batter.
I made a few modifications and came up with this pumpkin cake. It has a tender crumb and no one will ever guess you only used three ingredients to make it. I absolutely love how it turned out.
What Makes this Recipe So Easy
I’ve experimented a lot with using ice cream to make cakes and I always love how they turn out. For this version, I used premium pumpkin ice cream I got at Trader Joe’s. That, along with cake flour and baking powder, is all you need to make it.
It’s important to use premium ice cream for this recipe since you are not adding any eggs or fat from butter or oil. Premium ice cream is generally made from a custard base which includes eggs and cream – that is what gives the cake the fat content so it holds together and has a tender crumb.
So, don’t substitute low-fat or non-fat ice cream. If you’re unsure if your ice cream is premium just look at the ingredients – it should have things like eggs, milk, or cream listed.
How to Make Batter with Ice Cream
- First, melt the ice cream. I do this in the microwave.
- Mix the melted ice cream with cake flour and baking powder until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is cooked through.
Note: It’s important to use cake flour for this recipe and not all-purpose. All-purpose flour will give your cake a tougher crumb.
This pumpkin cake is perfect for a last-minute dessert or as a snack. I’ve made a habit of keeping ice cream on hand just so I can whip up a dessert when I get a craving.
If you want more ideas you should check out my post with lots of easy baking recipes.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin ice cream
- 1 cup cake flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare and grease 2 mini loaf pans.
- Melt ice cream in the microwave. Add in flour and baking powder and stir until batter is smooth and no flour lumps remain. Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on size of mini loaf pans) until knife inserted comes out clean.
- It's important to use cake flour so the cake has the right texture. If you use all-purpose flour your cake will have a rough, bread-like texture.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.