This tender and soft cake can be made with just 3 easy ingredients. It’s super easy.
I went back to Trader Joe’s this weekend for a second dose of pumpkin flavored goods, including their premium pumpkin ice cream.
Last year, I made a really delicious 2 ingredient pumpkin bread with the ice cream. This year, I decided to make a pumpkin cake.
It’s a few modifications on the pumpkin bread recipe and you end up with a soft and tender cake. It’s almost equally as easy a recipe. I absolutely loved how this cake came out.
For my other ice cream baking creations, check out:
You can also read about my Trader Joe’s pumpkin purchases here.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin ice cream
- 1 cup cake flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare and grease 2 mini loaf pans.
- Melt ice cream in the microwave. Add in flour and baking powder and stir until batter is smooth and no flour lumps remain. Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on size of mini loaf pans) until knife inserted comes out clean.
- It's important to use cake flour so the cake has the right texture. If you use all-purpose flour your cake will have a rough, bread-like texture.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.