Crispy baked chicken pieces are coated in a sweet and slightly spicy Honey Sriracha glaze. It’s a tasty weeknight meal that is healthier than the regular fried version. To make it even better, for my chicken, I used Foster Farms’ Simply Raised Thin-Sliced chicken breast fillets.
It’s been awhile since I shared a sriracha flavored dish on the blog. We love adding sriracha and honey to our food, so this combination of the two makes such an addicting sauce. The honey and sriracha really balance each other out, so the dish is not overly sweet or overly spicy. Typically this dish involves frying the chicken first, but I decided to coat mine in panko breadcrumbs and bake it. It’s healthier this way, much simpler to make, and just as delicious.
Regular readers of the blog know I’ve definitely been focusing more on eating healthier and cleaner these past two years, trying to make healthier versions of popular dishes, buying more organic produce and produce from farmer’s markets. So Foster Farms’ new line of chicken which is all natural, no added sodium, antibiotic-free, and locally grown in California, really spoke to me.
Even the fresh new bright green packaging made me feel better about my choice. Foster Farms has been my go-to choice for years, so I’m happy they’ve come out with a line that fits with my goals of living a healthier lifestyle.
I found the chicken at my local Stater Bros. and the chicken breast cost $5.99/lb. The Simply Raised line is sold at most major supermarkets in CA, OR and WA and the new Foster Farms Organic line is in Costco and select grocery stores now. You can learn more about Foster Farms Simply Raised here.
This chicken dish is easy to prepare. Serve it with some brown or multigrain rice, add a side salad or vegetable dish, and you’ve got yourself a complete meal. You can also play around with the quantity for the sauce. I made sure to have extra sauce in the recipe so no one finds they don’t have enough sauce, but if you are trying to be healthier, you can always cut down on the sauce.
You might like my crispy tequila lime chicken, too!
Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken
- 1 lb Foster Farms Simply Raised chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 extra large eggs whisked
For the sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 6 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup water + 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pour whisked eggs into a small bowl. Pour panko crumbs into a separate bowl. Dip chicken pieces first in egg and then roll into panko crumbs. Set onto baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake chicken for about 18-20 minutes until chicken is cooked and breading turns a golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce on the stove. Add the first five ingredients into a small pot or saucepan. Bring to a low boil. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch completely in ½ cup water. Slowly pour into sauce and immediately stir with a spoon so that the cornstarch mixture dissolves into sauce. Sauce should begin to thicken when it starts to bubble again. Let sauce continue to bubble at a low boil for about 30 seconds so that it thickens further. Turn off heat.
- Toss chicken pieces into sauce until fully coated. (You should have more than enough sauce for 1 lb of chicken.) Garnish with fresh chopped scallions if desired. Serve with rice and vegetables.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Foster Farms. All opinions expressed are my own.