Crunchy baked pieces of zucchini are drizzled with bang bang sauce for a delicious and easy meal. The crispy zucchini is baked in the oven and the no-cook sauce takes just minutes to make.
Yes, I’m still obsessed with bang bang sauce. As far as I can tell, this sauce goes with just about everything and my newest way to use it is with crispy baked zucchini. Think bite-sized baked zucchini fries drizzled with this savory, sweet and spicy sauce.
Zucchini pieces are coated in panko crumbs and baked until crispy. I love the contrast of the crunchy outer coating and soft-cooked zucchini. I also love that the zucchini skin maintains its beautiful green color while cooking.
Make this Recipe in Four Easy Steps
- Coat bite-sized pieces of zucchini in egg followed by panko bread crumbs. Place them on a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake the zucchini for 15 minutes or until the panko is golden brown.
- Combine sweet chili sauce, hot sauce, low-fat mayonnaise and honey in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the sauce over the crispy zucchini and serve.
It really is that easy and the combination of the baked zucchini with the creamy sauce is so good. I can eat this as a main meal, side dish or as an appetizer or a snack.
If you like this recipe you might like to try these, too:
- Crispy Bang Bang Shrimp
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Skinny Bang Bang Zucchini Noodles Meal Prep
- Bang Bang Pasta
- Bang Bang Chicken
Bang Bang Zucchini
- 2 small zucchini cut into bite-sized pieces (approximately 1-inch rectangles)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs Kikkoman brand preferred for even baking
- 2 large eggs whisked
bang bang sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce I bought mine from Asian grocery stores
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce I used sriracha
- 1/4 cup light/low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Dip zucchini pieces in egg and then roll in panko a few times until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy.
- While zucchini is cooking, make the bang bang sauce. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until uniform and no mayonnaise lumps remain. Drizzle over finished zucchini.
- Nutrition estimate includes light mayonnaise.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.