Cauliflower Pizza Mug Cake
This single serving savory mug cake is cooked in the microwave for a quick and easy meal that is also keto, gluten free and low carb. The mug cake starts with a cauliflower bread, topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and mini pepperoni.
We love eating cauliflower crust pizza in our house though I’m not a huge fan of wringing dry the cauliflower. This recipe doesn’t require drying out the cauliflower. Instead of making a thin cauliflower crust, I created a fluffy cauliflower bread.
The bread is then topped with marinara sauce, cheese and mini pepperoni.
The end result is a cheesy and super flavorful creation that satisfied my pizza cravings.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed finely riced raw cauliflower (see note)
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tbsp whisked egg
- 1 tbsp marinara sauce (see note)
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 mini pepperoni
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped parsley
Combine cauliflower, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, egg in a microwave-safe mug. Mix thoroughly with a spoon until all ingredients are moist and coated with egg. Gently pack down cauliflower batter and smooth surface with the back of your spoon.
Cook in microwave at full power for about 1 min 30 seconds. Your bread should have begun to pull away from the sides of the mug and the surface is almost set except for the centers being still slightly gooey.
Spread marinara sauce with the back of a spoon over surface of cauliflower bread. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over tomato sauce. Top with mini pepperoni.
Microwave cake for an additional 30 seconds or until cheese becomes melty. Sprinkle with parsley.
- I pulsed my cauliflower through a food processor. The cauliflower should resemble large crumbs and will be smaller than typical cauliflower rice. If you do not have a food processor, you can grate cauliflower with a cheese grater or you can also chop the cauliflower.
- You can use any marinara sauce of your choice. To keep low carb or keto, make sure you use a tomato sauce that is low carb and/or keto.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Cauliflower Pizza Mug Cake
Amount Per Serving (1 mug cake)
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6.4g40%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g
Vitamin A 550IU11%
Vitamin C 36.3mg44%
Net Carbs 5g10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.