Homemade zucchini bread is easy to make and keeps well at room temperature or you can freeze it for later. The bread is flecked with green from the zucchini with the perfect balance of sweetness.
I love quick bread like banana bread, pumpkin bread, and coconut bread. I love the taste right after it’s baked, with the crunchy sweet crust.
Recently my friend was talking about liking all these different types of breads and mentioned zucchini bread. It was at this point that I realized I had never eaten zucchini bread before. So, with zucchinis on sale, I decided to try making my first homemade zucchini bread. It turned out delicious!
Like other quick breads it’s very easy to make.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set it aside while you mix the wet ingredients.
- Vegetable oil
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Grated zucchini
Mix up all of the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Once mixed, add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Bake the Bread
Divide the batter between two 9×3” loaf pans. Bake them for 40 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
Cool the loaves for 20 minutes in the pans before turning them out onto a baking rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Storing the Bread
What I love about zucchini bread is that it keeps well at room temperature, in the refrigerator, or in the freezer.
- If you keep it out at room temperature it will keep well for a few days as long as it’s tightly wrapped. It will keep a few days longer if it’s store in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze the whole loaves for three months. Make sure the bread is completely cool and then tightly wrap it. Keep it in a freezer-safe container. To thaw, you can keep it in the refrigerator or leave it out at room temperature to thaw.
I really enjoyed this bread and it was so easy to make. I’ll definitely make it again.
Homemade Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour two 9 x 3 baking dishes.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon into a medium-sized bowl. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir well to combines. Fold in the zucchini and nuts (if using). Divide the batter between the two baking dishes.
- Bake the loaves for 40 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester (or skewer), inserted in the center of the loaves, comes out clean. Cool the loaves in the pans for 20 minutes. Remove them from the pans and cool completely on a baking rack.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
ooooooh my favorite. I love me some Zucchini Bread !
Good choice – glad you like it too.