This easy coconut bread is not overly sweet and bakes up fluffy and soft, making it a great bread for sandwiches. This is a no-yeast bread recipe and the batter takes just minutes to make.
It’s rare to find super easy bread recipes. Most of the time, if I want bread that’s good for sandwiches, I need to use yeast but this coconut bread bakes up like white sandwich bread with very little effort.
One bowl and a whisk. I love minimal cleanup. Even though it’s no yeast bread recipe, the bread still has a fluffy texture and is sturdy enough to use as sandwich bread. I found the recipe for this coconut bread on Taste of Home and followed it as is. I was able to mix it up and put it in the oven in a matter of minutes. You can taste the coconut and it’s a little on the sweeter side, but it’s not so sweet as to be a dessert bread.
This recipe is definitely a keeper for me. I’ll make it again the next time I’m craving bread and don’t have the energy to make a yeast bread.
How to Make Coconut Bread
This coconut bread recipe is so easy. It takes only a few minutes to make the batter.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the coconut flakes and pour the batter into a greased 9 x 5” loaf pan. Bake the bread for 40 to 50 minutes at 350°F.
I like to cool the bread completely before slicing it.
How to Store Homemade Coconut Bread
- The bread will keep well at room temperature for a few days or you can wrap it and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Or, you can freeze coconut bread. Cool it completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave it in the refrigerator or keep it at room temperature for a few hours.
More No-Yeast Bread Recipes
If you like this easy coconut bread, you might like some of my other favorite bread recipes. You don’t need any yeast for these, either.
One-Bowl Coconut Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the egg, milk and extracts. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the coconut.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan. Bake the bread for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the bread for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.