I recently made these adorable mini cucumber sandwiches with my sandwich cutters. I had bought these bread cutters a long time ago on Ebay, one of those moments where I buy something I’m convinced I’ll have a ton of use for, and then don’t use it.
I’m happy I bought them though because these bite-sized sandwiches are so cute. I made a bunch for my house party and have made several other versions since. I fell in love with cucumber sandwiches during my trip to London and they were fun to recreate, though I’m still looking for the mayo spread recipe that tastes exactly like the ones I had in London.
For the bread, I used King’s Hawaiian sliced bread, which is now available at supermarkets. It has the same taste as King’s Hawaiian rolls, but now in slices perfect for making sandwiches. I was sent some free coupons to purchase the bread as part of King’s Hawaiian back-to-school campaign to make lunch fun. What’s more fun than adorable bear and frog imprinted sandwiches?
We have really been enjoying the bread. I actually had to buy it several times because Mr. K kept finishing off the loaves before I could take photos for my post.
I went through this phase where I was going to make cute bento boxes. I bought these sandwich cutters, bento boxes, a bento making cookbook, etc. And then I never got around to it. Until now.
Here is my bento, in my Hello Kitty bento box. I also made a set for Mr. K, but his is a more manly yellow bento box.
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf sliced bread crusts removed (see note)
- A few dashes of lemon pepper optional
- First, you want to remove the moisture from the cucumbers (so your sandwiches don't get soggy). Line a colander with a paper towel. Place the cucumber slices on the paper towel and cover them with another paper towel. Let them drain for ten minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion salt, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Spread the cheese half of the bread slices.
- Divide the cucumber slices among half the bread slices. If using, sprinkle the lemon pepper over the cucumber slices. Top with the other slices of bread to make sandwiches.
- If using, use a sandwich cutter to cut each sandwich into smaller shapes. Or, cut each sandwich into for equal-sized squares.
- I used King's Hawaiian sliced bread for my sandwiches, but feel free to use your favorite sandwich bread. The nutrition estimate will vary depending on the bread you use.
- Recipe source: All Recipes
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.