I haven’t had much time to bake lately, but that hasn’t stopped me from craving sweets. So once again, my mug cakes came to the rescue.
Because it’s flourless, the mug cake does not rise as high as my other mug cakes. I had to give it a boost in the mug so you can see the cake. That is also why I ended up putting it on a plate after.
Taking the same idea behind the flourless peanut butter muffins and flourless Nutella muffins, I used banana as a substitute.
This cake came out really yummy. Moist, soft and peanut buttery. I decided to add a little caramel on sauce on top too.
I use some salted caramel sauce from Trader Joe’s. I love how thick it is and the interplay of the salty and sweet. The sauce was so good, I added some more…
More Mug Cakes
You can check out all my mug cake recipes here.
Flourless Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp peanut butter use store bought and not natural
- 1/2 of a whisked large egg about 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 of a large overripe mashed banana
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Whisk all ingredients in a microwave-safe mug until batter is smooth and no banana chunks remain.
- Cook in microwave for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds, or until batter is cooked and no longer gooey. Careful not to overcook. I started with 1 minute, and then added another 20 seconds. Let cool slightly in mug before eating. You can also dump out onto a plate and serve topped with salted caramel sauce.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.