This post is sponsored by Minute®Rice and SheKnows Media.
Garlicky stir-fry broccoli and chicken is paired with a fresh cilantro and lime flavored rice. The weeknight meal comes together even faster with the use of Minute® White Rice.
One of the biggest compromises my husband and I had to make when we became a couple was making rice during meals. Mr. K loves rice and grew up eating it at nearly every meal, no matter what was being served. It could be Chinese food, fried chicken, spaghetti, etc. Everything was served with rice! I was never a fan of rice growing up. My mom mainly prepared Chinese food and I know Chinese dishes and rice go hand in hand, but I only wanted to eat the proteins and vegetables and never the rice. Once I started cooking for myself, I stopped cooking plain rice altogether, until I met my husband.
During the week, I rarely make rice, even though I cook a lot of stir fry dishes. Rice cooked the traditional way is time-consuming and I just don’t have the energy or time during the week. Enter Minute® Rice.
Minute® Rice cooks in just 5 minutes. They do the cooking for you. It couldn’t be simpler. You boil water, add your rice, stir, let it sit for a few minutes and it’s done. It was so easy, I made my husband do it.
I’ve been pretty impressed with Minute® White Rice as a solution to our lack of rice at meals. Now we can have more well-rounded, complete meals. After trying it out once, I immediately bought a few more to keep in my pantry.
For this particular recipe, I decided to enhance the rice with some fresh lime juice and cilantro. I actually don’t mind rice when there are other ingredients added to it.
I’ve really been craving the flavors of fresh herbs lately, probably because of the lack of fresh produce in the winter. Luckily for me, both limes and cilantro were on sale when I went shopping, so I picked up some for this rice. The rice is already fine on its own, but the lime and cilantro add a wonderful freshness and lightness to it which pairs well with the flavorful garlic stir-fry.
Garlic Stir Fry with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 8 oz boneless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 broccoli crowns cut into small florets (should be about 2 cups worth)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
for the garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
for the rice
- 1 cup Minute® White Rice
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- In a small saucepan, add all of the sauce ingredients except cornstarch and water. Bring to a simmer on the stove and stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the ingredients blend together.
- In a small bowl, add water and cornstarch and completely dissolve cornstarch in water. Add mixture to the sauce. The sauce should start to thicken once it simmers again. Let sauce thicken for about 30 seconds before turning off heat. Set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil into a large pan or wok over medium-high heat on the stove. Once the oil is hot, add in your chicken. Cook until chicken is nearly done but still slightly pink.
- Add in broccoli and cook until both chicken and broccoli are fully cooked. Stir in sauce and mix/toss a few times until all ingredients are evenly coated and cooked in garlic sauce.
- To make the rice, follow the instructions on the box exactly. Once rice is finished, stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Serve with the stir-fry.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Now onto the giveaway! One lucky reader will win a $100 Visa gift card. To enter, simply leave a comment at the end of this post, telling me what your favorite rice dish is!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/1/16 – 4/30/16.