Mushrooms are sauteed in a garlic herb butter sauce. It’s an easy side dish to make for any occasion and pairs especially well with steak. It’s also keto, low carb and gluten free.
My whole family loves mushrooms and I always get super excited when I see a dish that is just mushrooms. Especially whole, plump mushrooms.
This is an easy homemade version of garlic mushrooms, a side dish offered at a lot of restaurants, especially steakhouses. With Valentine’s Day just a few days away, this is a quick side dish to make if you’re cooking dinner at home.
Mushroom Types to Use
Most types of mushrooms will work with this dish, but it’s usually made with cremini or button mushrooms. I used cremini mushrooms because they are darker in color.
Garlic Butter Herb Sauce Ingredients
The mushrooms are flavored with butter, salt, garlic and herbs. For herbs, I chose parsley and thyme, but you can also use other herbs like rosemary, chives, oregano.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb mushrooms cremini or button
- salt to taste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs (I used parsley and thyme) finely chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender and browned. Season with salt.
- Stir in garlic. Sauté mushrooms with garlic until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add herbs and sauté mushrooms one more minute. Serve immediately.
- Most types of mushrooms will work with this dish, but it's usually made with cremini or button mushrooms. I used cremini mushrooms because they are darker in color.
- For herbs, I chose parsley and thyme, but you can also use other herbs like rosemary, chives, oregano.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.