I had a small get-together this past week and so I started my holiday baking, making a festive version of my favorite soft chocolate chip cookie recipe.
For those getting ready for holiday baking, I thought I’d include a round-up of some of my favorite holiday sweets from over the years. And because it’s the holiday season, I’ve got a couple giveaways lined up, including one at the end of this post.
These soft chocolate chip cookies stay soft for days so you can make them ahead of time. It’s one of my favorite cookie recipes and it’s pretty easy to put together. I used Nestle’s holiday baking chips instead of regular chocolate chips to make them more colorful.
More holiday sweets ideas:
5 Minute Cookies and Cream Fudge
5 Minute Nutella Fudge
5 Minute Peanut Butter Fudge
5 Minute Peppermint Fudge
Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups
Chocolate Nutella Cups
Oreo Cookies and Cream Bark
3 Ingredient Eggless Nutella Cookies
4 Ingredient Easiest Nutella Cookies
Andes Mints Chocolate Cookies
Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Cookies and Cream Cookies
Chewy Nutella Cookies
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Gingerbread Men Cookies
Green Tea Shortbread Cookies
Green Tea Sugar Cookies
Mint Cookies and Cream Cookies
New York Times Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutella Lava Cookies
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Pecan Russian Tea Cakes
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Soft Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Sugar Cookies
Hope this list gives you some good ideas!
Now onto the giveaway. This is for the Keurig lovers out there. Green Mountain Coffee is offering one of my readers two boxes of their special reserve limited edition K-Cup coffee flavors: Jamaica Blue Mountain and 100% Kona. The winner will receive one box of each (priced at $32.99 each, for a total value of $65.98) . All the giveaway rules are in the PromoSimple Box. Remember that the giveaway is being handled through PromoSimple so leave all entry comments in the PromoSimple box and not at the end of the post.
Also there is one more day left to enter the Del Taco Giveaway.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. On low speed, mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips. You can make cookies with dough as is, or chill for 30 minutes for thicker cookies.
- After the dough is chilled, line two cookie sheets with Silpat mats. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and form ball about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Form smooth round ball and space 2 inches apart. Press gently down on each ball. Bake for 9 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. Remove and let cool on the cookie sheets. Do not try to remove before they are finished cooling.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.