Chicken pieces are coated in a honey garlic butter sauce and served with parmesan garlic butter cauliflower rice. This low carb meal is easy to make for your weekly meal prep.
Inspired by my garlic butter steak bites meal prep, I wanted to make a chicken version. But I made a few changes. I added some honey to the garlic butter sauce to add a little more flavor and color to the chicken. I also paired it with garlic butter cauliflower rice instead of zucchini noodles.
Garlic Butter Cauliflower Rice Tips
- I served my chicken with my garlic parmesan butter cauliflower rice recipe.
- To make rice-sized cauliflower, you can buy bags of cauliflower rice which is now readily available at most major grocery stores.
- You can also do it yourself using a whole head of cauliflower. This can be done three ways:
- Chop in a food processor until cauliflower is the size of rice.
- Grate on a box grater (using the size with the larger holes).
- Hand chop with a sharp knife, until cauliflower becomes rice-sized.
- Once you have cauliflower rice, it is sauteed until tender, which only takes a few minutes.
Honey Garlic Butter Sauce
The sauce is made with fresh garlic, melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, soy sauce, and honey. I like my sauce to be a little sweeter but if you prefer something less sweet or more savory, you can taste and adjust the sauce to your liking.
The sauce is added after the chicken is just about done cooking. The sauce will thicken and evaporate as it cooks and will coat the chicken pieces.
If you enjoy this recipe, you can find all my meal prep recipes here.
Honey Garlic Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 1/4 lb chicken tenders or breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 5 cups garlic parmesan cauliflower rice (see note)
Honey Garlic Butter Sauce
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- In a small saucepan, add minced garlic and butter. Cook on low heat until butter is melted and garlic flavor is infused into the butter.
- Add remaining honey garlic butter ingredients to the saucepan. Stir and cook over low heat. Taste and adjust as needed. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and bring the skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken pieces. Sear chicken on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Pour honey garlic butter sauce over chicken. Cook a few minutes until chicken is completely cooked, the sauce has thickened and is evenly coated over chicken. Sprinkle parsley over chicken.
- Divide chicken and cauliflower rice into meal prep containers. Allow food to cool completely before storing in fridge or freezer.
- Use this recipe for the cauliflower rice.
- I recommend using a nonstick skillet for the chicken. It is easier to allow the chicken to develop a good sear without it sticking to the pan.
- I use these Meal Prep Containers*
- The nutrition estimate for the honey garlic chicken only and does not include the garlic parmesan cauliflower rice.
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.